Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Police do nothing about unroadworthy cars

Default Police do nothing about unroadworthy cars

The amount of cars running around with blowing exhausts and bald tyres which make them unroadworthy is frightening and put other at risk . What are the police doing as you never see any on the streets and if they were they would hear the lawbreakers running around like a tractor. Maybe they should get an appointment at spec savers and a hear test would help.

Why not 'pop in' and tell them your observations.
    Last edited by her00026; 07-Jan-18 at 15:57.

Quote Originally Posted by her00026 View Post
    Why not 'pop in' and tell them your observations.
    I beleive the guy in the tyre and exhaust centre told some customers that they would be breaching the law to run the car with such faults. He was telling us about a friend that got his car hit by a car that was not road legal which Invalidate their insurance , he had to claim his own insurance and lost his No claim bonus. It just a shame that some folk can't or won't follow the rules laid down to protect us. I know the police are thin on the ground but turning a blind eye or deaf ear don't help when it's staring you in the face. Here's hoping that it's not a child that ends up paying the price for having these unroadworthy cars on the road.

If I saw a vehicle that was a risk through bald tyres I am afraid I would note the number and report it. Anything less would be failing as a member of the community.

Police don't seem to do much at all in Caithness. Our lodger moved out and removed all furniture, curtains, carpets, fire, dishes, plates everything. To me that's theft. They won't do anything. It's costing us a lot of money to take him to court,
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Give the police a break, I'm sure they do there best, if the government put more money into the emergency services and other important matters instead off wasting it, and flooding the country with immigrants and assylum seekers that bringing more crime to this country and cutting on money for police to cope, this country is in a bad state it only get worse

I got pulled over 2 weeks ago in Wick at the elm tree where they were checking cars. They must of pulled in well over 50 cars in the time they were there.

What Police? Are there any left up here? A good sign in some ways.

DVLA aren't bothered either. 5+ cars laid up on my street in various states of disrepair and not one of them is taxed according to the vehicle check on the .gov website. They are all on Sorn but still parked on the road which is illegal. Comes the warmer days there's quite a busy little breakers yard going on in the street too. The clowns even left half a car blocking the pavement for a few days last year. Council interested? NOPE! waste of time even bothering now

Quote Originally Posted by angela5 View Post
    Give the police a break, I'm sure they do there best, if the government put more money into the emergency services and other important matters instead off wasting it, and flooding the country with immigrants and assylum seekers that bringing more crime to this country and cutting on money for police to cope, this country is in a bad state it only get worse
    Give them a break. Ha ha ha
    When four officers man handled and arrest a man against an innocently park car inflicting several dents in the boot then walk away not even giving the driver who was in the car a second glance or a explanation or instructions on what to do for a claim,
    Nothing
    So the owner was left to pay for the damage themselves.
    Thats the local police for you though eh
    O there hard done by.

Quote Originally Posted by gaza View Post
    Give them a break. Ha ha ha
    When four officers man handled and arrest a man against an innocently park car inflicting several dents in the boot then walk away not even giving the driver who was in the car a second glance or a explanation or instructions on what to do for a claim,
    Nothing
    So the owner was left to pay for the damage themselves.
    Thats the local police for you though eh
    O there hard done by.
    If your friend wants to contact the Police about his damaged car, I've got a phone number for where they work.

Does anyone know ...... why so many cars in Caithness run around with their front fog lights (not daytime running lights) on all the time? When we Orcadians hit your highways, its the first thing we notice, and we left the fog behind at home. Can't you Caithnessians find the off switch?