Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: car removal

Default car removal

dose any one know if speedy skip hire from thurso still take and collect old cars for scrap around caithness and do they charge for removal

what a stunner of an idea shame its CLOSED xmas eve why u think im asking here

Yes they do. They took my car a couple of weeks ago and they didn't charge for collection from the town

Quote Originally Posted by shin chan View Post
    Yes they do. They took my car a couple of weeks ago and they didn't charge for collection from the town
    I can remember the days when you got paid scrap money for an old car
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux.

Wondering how many people have sold a car as scrap then a few months later done a vehicle check online only to find that it's back on the road? more common than you think.

I have known this to happen a few times so when my old car was going for scrap it went where I got proper paperwork to say it had been crushed. There was a dismantler had the door linings, seats and interior dashboard from it and somebody else had the engine swap for the same model which had blown up, but the weight was right when it went away. Paperwork was delivered within five days. Better safe than sorry.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Yes you are correct Shaggy this type of incident is more common than people think
    This happened to me with the aforementioned Speedy Skips.
    An old lady was told by her local garage that her car was only fit for scrap, took it to Speedy Skips who then issued a "Certificate of Destruction" for car.
    They then "sold" it to a garage in Upper Dounreay. who then obtained a duplicate MOT from Northern Motors, and then sold it onto me.

Police not interested and Trading Standards "investigated" but nothing came of it.
    Be interesting to see which garages issue the most duplicate MOT certificates
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

As long as any defects are fixed & it passes an MOT I don't see the problem, it's called recycling.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    As long as any defects are fixed & it passes an MOT I don't see the problem, it's called recycling.
    Problems were not fixed, and as I later found out I was not the only victim of these unscrupulous traders
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    Yes you are correct Shaggy this type of incident is more common than people think
    This happened to me with the aforementioned Speedy Skips.
    An old lady was told by her local garage that her car was only fit for scrap, took it to Speedy Skips who then issued a "Certificate of Destruction" for car.
    They then "sold" it to a garage in Upper Dounreay. who then obtained a duplicate MOT from Northern Motors, and then sold it onto me.

Police not interested and Trading Standards "investigated" but nothing came of it.
    Be interesting to see which garages issue the most duplicate MOT certificates
    I’m not familiar with the Certificate of Destruction procedure but as the title suggests, you’d think the car was being destroyed. I assume you contacted the DVLA, if so, what did they tell you?

I’ve had a look at the V5 for my car and there’s nothing specific that gets filled in saying you’re have it destroyed, just that you’ve sold it to a motor trader, maybe that’s something that needs changing; if you sell it to be dismantled or crushed then that’s what a should be done.

I’m sorry to learn you’ve been shafted, not only by a trader, but by official bodies who are supposed to help you.

I was lucky as car I bought was only a cheapish run around we needed pending delivery of a new car.
    Other people have been stung for a lot more.
    This website could help matters by making commercial sellers of cars declare their status, as in newspapers etc.

Breakers in the area i used to live in were required by the council to cut a huge hole in the roof of the car and completely remove the part of the chassis with the VIN on it. The engine if sold required proof of identity of the purchaser and the reg no. of the vehicle it was being fitted to and all paperwork and the cut out parts were to be kept until checked by the council inspector who then authorised disposal. Surefire way to beat ringers and dodgy dealers.

All i can say is be careful who you buy from up this way and know your rights when buying from a dealer/trader and the car turns out to be a turkey