Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: 4G, 3G or any G

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 4G, 3G or any G

Hi all

Just wondering what peoples actual experience is of Mobile coverage in Wick / Caithness?
    Coverage maps seem conflicting and are based on assumptions, what kind of service do peeps get?

Cheers

I've had good solid reception in Wick for a good few years now using O2, no idea about the other service providers though.

I live and work around 3-4 miles outside of Wick, constant 3G connection and usually half the time picking up 4G on O2, so little better than what the coverage maps suggest.

Solid 27 - 30 meg on EE in Roster http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6890602652

I'm considering cancelling my btw based service in total, due poor service and value for money.

I'm finding BT/EE 4G to be very good. Faster than my landline BB.

go with EE as everywhere will be upgraded to the best they possibly can as that's where the police radio system moved to
    hence the mega upgrades on EE in 2017

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/1195
    8367/EE-wins-landmark-contract-in-controversial-1.2bn-police-radio-replacement.html
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Just tried 02 and THREE in Roster. O2 very poor, no data at all. THREE was quite good at 60Mbps. BUT, the T's + C's restrictive with tethering if you are replacing land line based internet. EE although pricey come out best for performance and a much clearer description of what you get for the money. It's also the only place where you can get the Netgear Nighthawk M1 router/hotspot, which is ace for streaming.