Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Parcelforce

Default Parcelforce

Can anyone tell me who delivers for Parcelforce up here please?

All parcelforce deliveries come via royal mail with the normal post, their van only collects parcels up here and does not deliver them.
    If you need sign writing or sign & print services then why not give me a call.
    Tel: 01593 721172
    www.kjsigns.uk

Thank you. I thought that was the case. I've been waiting for a parcel this morning, only to hear the tap of the letterbox after the Postman put a card through the door to say I wasn't in, without even knocking on the door. It's perishable goods on a 24 hour delivery, which will be ruined if left until tomorrow. I tried phoning the number on the slip and the woman on the other end of the phone has said that Royal Mail are nothing to do with Parcelforce. When I questioned about this area she hung up on me.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber_duck View Post
    Thank you. I thought that was the case. I've been waiting for a parcel this morning, only to hear the tap of the letterbox after the Postman put a card through the door to say I wasn't in, without even knocking on the door. It's perishable goods on a 24 hour delivery, which will be ruined if left until tomorrow. I tried phoning the number on the slip and the woman on the other end of the phone has said that Royal Mail are nothing to do with Parcelforce. When I questioned about this area she hung up on me.
    Actually Royal Mail deliver MOST of Parcelforce Parcel's but not all. Parcelforce do deliver Parcels over a certain weight, ie a Parcel that would take two men to deliver.

Where are you Wick or Thurso? What is the weight of the Package you are expecting?
    Last edited by Kodiak; 06-Dec-17 at 15:01.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I have just been informed that if it was a Parcelforce Card that was left then it was definately a Parcelforce Man who left it.

If it had beern a Royal Mail Postman they would have left a Royal Mail Card as they have NO Parcelforce cards.

Also at the Moment Royal Mail are using BLUE Cards for the Christmas Season. So if it is anything other than a Blue Card it was not Royal Mail.
    Last edited by Kodiak; 06-Dec-17 at 15:10.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

It was a blue Royal Mail card but when I phoned the number on it the woman I spoke to told me Royal Mail were nothing to do with Parcelforce and hung up on me. I went to the Post office and my parcel was there.

If you get a Royal Mail Card you just go down to the Royal Mail Sorting Office in Sinclair Street, give them the Card and they will give you the Parcel. The Post Office, which is in the Co-op, has nothing to do with deliveries and does not keep parcels that are not delivered, only the Royal Mail Office does this.

Edgar Allen Poe

Thank you. I'm in Wick and do understand the difference between the Post Office and the Sorting office.