Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: William Manson 1836 Thurso & Dorothea Thompson 1840 Reay

Default William Manson 1836 Thurso & Dorothea Thompson 1840 Reay

Hoping someone out there has more information about William Manson born 1836 In Thurso who married Dorothea Thompson (born c 1840 in Reay) in 1864 in Thurso.

I think his parents may have been William Manson and Helen Mill but I have no details for them or for their other children.

William and Dorothea are the parents of James Thompson Manson born 1872 in Thurso who was a sailor (master mariner) and lived at Shore street, Thurso. James married Margaret-Ann Wilson and then her sister?? Mary Wilson. (The Wilson sisters? were from Portessie in Banffshire.

Other children of William and Dorothea were: William Manson born 1866 in Thurso and Dorothy Manson born c1875 in Thurso. I think Dorothy married David Gunn between the 1891 census and the 1901 census. I found Dorothy at Shore street Thurso, a sailors wife, living with her mother, aged 25, in the 1901 census.

Any help would be appreciated

If you use Facebook there is a page called Caithness Family History Society and would suggest you post all your queries to this page. Another page is called Caithness Family History .... No connection to the Society.