Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Myhermes finally getting their act together?

Default Myhermes finally getting their act together?

I see myhermes have decided to implement new measures for parcel delivery confirmation. These include

• Geo-location (data concerning the location of where the parcel was delivered)
    • Safe place photo (photo of the place where the parcel has been left)

Unfortunately they forgot to include the sat-nav and large scale OS map for the driver and the master lockpicking set and battery powered angle grinder for accessing locked gates, then and only then will he know exactly where to deliver and how to access the safe place otherwise it will still be lobbed over a strangers fence 3 miles from you.
    And as to show just how "convenient" these methods are for the companies to use to fob you off when you make a claim, a parcel i sent a few months back showed online as being delivered so i rang my mate and asked if it was all ok and no damages. He said it hadn't arrived yet so when i said it showed online delivery he said he was home at the stated delivery time and nobody delivered anything. On making further enquiries, the delivery company claimed they had geo-location and time of delivery proof and also had a pic of the parcel in his blue bin. I called the mate who checked and said it wasn't there but he did call me back an hour later to say his neighbour over the road did have cctv footage of the guy parking up just past the house, taking the parcel to the bin, snapping a pic of it in the bin and then retuning to his van with the parcel. at no time did he knock on the door. Self-employed sub-contracted driver who was then found to be misappropriating a whole load of parcels. It makes no difference what methods of delivery proof myhermes decide to use, until all the useless & thieving drivers have been booted out, the service will still be terrible. Not saying they are all useless and thieves mind you, there are some really good ones who know the area and customers well, just a shame they aren't always doing the deliveries.

Had several deliveries from Hermes & have had no problems & we live half a mile off rd