Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: help !!

Default help !!

Why have all my icons dissapeared and my taskbar too? They only come back when I point the mouse arrow over where they should be !

Go to where they were and right click and then select "properties"and under the heading "taskbar" tick "keep taskbar on top of other windows" and untick "auto hide the taskbar" followed by "apply" and then exit.

Thanks Tony. Have done what you said, but still dissapearing

Quote Originally Posted by painter View Post
    Thanks Tony. Have done what you said, but still dissapearing
    Hi, Painter. I presume you mean the toolbar at the bottom? Try grabbing it and pulling it upwards a bit. Some of the kids at school push the toolbar down so that it is hidden and only appears when the pointer hovers over it. This, of course, confuses those who don't know. So we just drag it back up. Hope this helps.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

still no luck

Are you on windows XP?

If you are then I have a script file I can send to you, supplied by a friend of mine who I trust 100%, to fix issues with the taskbar and desktop.

If you want it just say so. I fully understand if you don't

Could try system restore to put the computer back to a time it was working correctly.
    Select Start, all programes, accessories, system tools, system restore and select a date all was well.

Thanks Tony. That did the trick. All up and running well.