Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Mobility scooter on the roads

Default Mobility scooter on the roads

What's with the old woman on the mobility scooter most mornings, tootling through the town (Thurso) through traffic lights turning red, causing havoc at 15mph, and corners with more often than not the wrong indicator blinking away.
    If this was a teenager they'd nick them.

She needs doing for speeding then!

https://www.gov.uk/mobility-scooters...ng-on-the-roadClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	16 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	32940
    Last edited by Goodfellers; 12-Oct-17 at 12:28.

I was behind one coming down West Church Street on Monday morning, facing oncoming traffic but nearer the crown of the road, did not slow down or stop at any of the junctions and when she crossed in front of me she had a child on her knee as a passenger. Surely this can`t be right.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Must be breaking a law, even if she is not, common sense would say putting a child at risk is down right stupid.

I have a dashcam and would pass on footage if I saw it. You could always pull over and take a photo on your phone and ask the police to have a word regarding the child's safety rather than reporting it as a 'crime'.