Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Two faced sturgeon

Default Two faced sturgeon

So Sturgeon says that the vote in Catalonia "cannot be ignored". Completely two faced of her considering she's been trying to ignore the result of a lawful vote for some time by the people of Scotland against independence.

The Catalonian poll was not recognised by Spain and so will not count, no matter what the result. Facts are - 90% of those who voted were in favour of independence, but only 42% turnout, not a majority in anyone's books. If the Spanish government has any gumption, they should take the bull by the horns and undertake a formal and legal vote, with the condition that if the majority of voters in the country are in favour, then it should go ahead. Not the majority of those voting - 50%+ of the registered electorate should be required to overturn any major constitutional matter. I would put my money on Spanish unity winning the day.

I suggest that Westminster should consider a similar measure if we ever go to another Scottish Independence poll.

Sadly, this wasn't implemented for the Brexit vote.
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

Stop the nonsense . Freedom is a right that's all to often denied by the strong and powerful. This is why paedophiles and adusers ( of all kinds) with their supporters all to often need to crush any form of fight back. Beware those who jump to their defence and use the words" enemy of the state or independence agitator" . What the EU has done by turning a blind eye is to low for words. Just because some folk have a huge yellow streak down their back ,it does not means they can paint others the same way.

If the Spanish government has any gumption, they should take the bull by the horns and undertake a formal and legal vote, with the condition that if the majority of voters in the country are in favour, then it should go ahead. Not the majority of those voting - 50%+ of the registered electorate should be required to overturn any major constitutional matter.
    I agree and think that this will just fester unless that happens. Also, the shocking, brutal police tactics should be condemned all round and those responsible held to account. It was a total disgrace.

I don't think any consideration can be made of a turnout when ballot boxes were confiscated and voters attacked!