Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a pup!

Default Found a pup!

finally we have found our puppy.. it will be a few weeks before we get her, but it will give us plenty of time to prepare!
    going for a lovley little black labradoodle bitch.
    they are sooooo lovley, and mum and dad were so good natured and behaved!
    home bred pups, very fat and chunky! *grins*
    mum came in while we were cuddling babies, and she just wanted a cuddle as well! no bother that we were there at all!
    and dad was well interested in us.. he let us all have a cuddle and gave pups a lick, and was great with our kids!
    its amazing how things tend to fall in place!
    we ended up choosing the labradoodle for several reasons,
    their temperments and natures was the number one reason.
    they are a good size to play along with kids..
    and they tend to be less casters than most breeds.
    as sam has slight asthma and ben was alergic as a baby.. (has now outgrown it) thought it would be the best choice.
    oooh cant wait for the weeks to pass!
    http://itqueries.com/

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    finally we have found our puppy.. it will be a few weeks before we get her, but it will give us plenty of time to prepare!
    going for a lovley little black labradoodle bitch.
    they are sooooo lovley, and mum and dad were so good natured and behaved!
    home bred pups, very fat and chunky! *grins*
    mum came in while we were cuddling babies, and she just wanted a cuddle as well! no bother that we were there at all!
    and dad was well interested in us.. he let us all have a cuddle and gave pups a lick, and was great with our kids!
    its amazing how things tend to fall in place!
    we ended up choosing the labradoodle for several reasons,
    their temperments and natures was the number one reason.
    they are a good size to play along with kids..
    and they tend to be less casters than most breeds.
    as sam has slight asthma and ben was alergic as a baby.. (has now outgrown it) thought it would be the best choice.
    oooh cant wait for the weeks to pass!

well done, the pups sound great, every child should have a puppy, it teaches them so much about duties and responibillitys etc, good luck with your new addition!!

I recently saw a road test of Labradoodles on the telly and they seem like fantastic family pets. Congratulations. I love the smell of puppies. They are so gorgeous. I go for puppies like most people go for babies.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

hey we just picked up our golden cocker spaniel yesterday, he is gorgeous he's 7weeks and called alfie,,,our wee girl loves him!! let the fun begin!!!
    ELVIS ISN'T DEAD I HEARD HIM ON THE RADIO

Where are you getting your puppy from Brandy?

a lady in thurso.. her lab bitch has had a litter with her standard poodle

So glad you found your puppy.
    It'll be good for the kids and the pup to grow up together.
    Pup got a name yet?
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

nope we are still working on that.. she is a little black bitch.. but so far no names that we can agree on!
    it was the same when i was preg. took the whole 9 mnths to agree

Default pup

Hi Brandy,

You say that you have got a lovely wee dog -- wait until it grows up -- I have a black male labradoodle and he is certainly is a BIG boy, All the best when you get her.

*laughs* thanks stewart! we are hoping she will be a big girl! ive not seen a full grown doodle in person yet.. but have seen the standard poodles!
    ive big boys.. for young ages so need a pup that can keep up with two large energetic boys!

I'm glad you found a puppy but did the breeder in question do any health tests on either the bitch or sire? It's hard enough to get people to do the proper health tests on LABS let alone on two different breeds of dogs

A whole can of worms are going to be opened with all the crossbreeding that's taking place at the moment

I hope she's not charging you a fortune for what is basically a mongrel, even if the original parents are purebred?
    "I ask forgiveness continuously for I know he knows, somethings just have to be experienced"

actually compared to what labradoodles normally sell for, our girl isnt expensive at all...
    both parents are in fine health..
    i have been doing a LOT of reading on labradoodles.. and they seem to be a wonderful breed..
    the breed was orig. made by a man in aussie.. to help a sighted lady who need a guide dog, but her husband had severe alergies. he bred the standard poodle and lab for obvious reasons.. the poodle for its coat and high intelegence, and the lab for it temper and uses as guide dogs.
    the crossing of these two "pure bred" which simply means that a type of dog breeds true, and is the same everytime.
    these dogs even though they are not reconised by the kennel club, have had wonderful sucess as guide dogs, therapy dogs (exspecially for children) rescue dogs and many other very noble causes.
    when we decided on a dog, the main thing we were concerned with was temperment and being able to fit into our family.
    and im more than happy to pay a couple hundred pounds for a "mutt" any day, than to pay several hundred for a foul tempered purebred.. which a lot of them are if you are not careful.
    as for health issues.. mixed breeds tend to be healthier than any other breed, as thier lines are not so close, and the chance of line breeding and inbreeding is a lot less.. *Grins*
    as i said.. have been doing a LOT of reading!!

Default Found a pup

Hi Brandy,

I have a black labradoodle. What you have to watch with them is possible hip trouble. Before you part with your money you should get it checked over by your Vet. It could be worth it in the long run.

Brandy, whilst I applaud you for reading up on dogs there is an awful lot more to just reading about them Are you prepared for quite a few months of really hard work which you will have to put into training it etc . Also , if mine was anything to go by, you may wonder what you have done as this wee thing charges around the house wearing you out!

Please, please also consider the health implications as it would seem the person you are buying it from is not a registered breeder so no health checks will have been carried out and it is not enough to just look at the parents and see that they 'look' healthy. Please read Munron's post. You could end up with hefty vets bills in later life!

Brandy I am not getting at you but too many people get puppies and then the novelty wears off or they are harder work than anticipated, and more expensive to keep and so these poor creatures end up in rescue centres.

Hopefully, you will have this dog for at least fifteen years so you really have to make sure that you will be happy with it and, even more importantly to me, it will be happy with you!
    Last edited by Liz; 29-May-07 at 13:48.

I hope you are just using the term I would rather pay a couple of hundred and not actually paying a couple of hundred as a labradoodle is actually a registered breed within it's own right that people have put a lot of work into perfecting (I think) and not just a first generation of lad poodle which is essentially a mongrel. Feel free to correct me as I know very little about the breed. ps this is not a dig I just find it amazing the prices being charged for crossbreed pups when I look in the press and journal.

Hi Corgiman, they are not registered yet, though the Labradoodle Association are gathering a breeders register for when they do become recognised in the future, which I believe is on the cards. Those being hip-scored are done so under the labradoodle breed name again for when they do become a recognised breed.

I paid way more for mine, but that was a personal decision and I spent just less than the limit I set (which was about the same as you would pay for a purebred lab). agree that some breeders are charging extortionate prices for doodles with some going for as much as £1400 just because the likes of Graham Norton and the Top Gear dog were bought from this breeder

ahhhhhhhh thats always a problem when breeds become the IN thing thanks to celebrities cheers for the info dragonfly as I say I don't know much about them so every little helps so this means that a first generation at the moment can correctly actually be called a full bred labradoodle then?

yes, technically a first breeding is an F1 Labradoodle a pup from 2 labradoodles takes the next number from the lowest numbered parent (eg, my doodles mum was F1 but his dad was an F3 so he is an F2 - if both parents were F2's then pups would be F3 and so on) sometimes breeders put them back to a poodle to try and improve the coats and these are known as F1B (B meaning crossed back)

Thanks for that so it's like the bengal cats with F1 etc

Brandy I was thinking it would be a good idea for you to check with the Vets to see what they think of the 'breeder' you are getting your puppy from.

If this person is just breeding from her pet dogs to make a quick buck then it is totally wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast