Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: No Butter.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default No Butter.

It’s no good locking the stable door after the cow has bolted, (or was it a horse)?

Lidl has had no butter in stock for a good while now and when they do it’s gone in a shot.
    Grahams the family run dairy producer has been supplying their Aberdoyle brand of products to Lidl for a good while now, and good stuff it is too, but demand has been outstripping supply.

It’s a shame that the UK supermarkets didn’t show a bit more support to its UK producers sooner before many had to throw the towel in because dairy farming became unviable.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Kevin, I have had to resort in going to Asda down here in Leith, to get my Grahams spreadable, all sold out in Lidi's demand is great for Graham's I know I have a better selection of suppliers than you do, feel for you
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Its not just Lidl's who are having problems it Tesco's too.

I have just been reading a story about Shropshire dairy farmers are exporting milk to Qatar and getting up to £5.00 for 2 litres.
    http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...Cs-tXxznV9C7kA

Does not say farmers are getting £5 for 2 litres. That is the selling price once delivered not the buying price which might be 25p a litre.

Quote Originally Posted by iain View Post
    Does not say farmers are getting £5 for 2 litres. That is the selling price once delivered not the buying price which might be 25p a litre.
    Correct Iain, but the retail price is much more realistic to the value of milk per cost of production and nutritional value, also farmers getting a more fair price for the work that goes in.

Kevin, Grahams products are back on sale in Lidil's in Leith today
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Kevin, Grahams products are back on sale in Lidil's in Leith today
    They were in stock in Wick yesterday and I'm ashamed to admit that I did a bit of stock piling.

got some in thurso this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    They were in stock in Wick yesterday and I'm ashamed to admit that I did a bit of stock piling.
    I hope there's never a need to panic buy Kevin, you'll probably be the culprit that empties the shelves :-)