Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Stagecoach buses

Default Stagecoach buses

wheelchair lifts not working buses breaking down and going on fire loss smelly and not working buses late and or not turing up at all they are not giving us the low floor buses that we need for the timetables are mixed up

whats everyones views about stagecoach buses ??

Pure rubbish when I was using them

I don't use the bus very often, but did need to use it yesterday and thought it was great, however, I just seen one being towed up the road from Dunbeath.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

yet another bus broke down in dornoch the other day

Stagecoach is well named ,a stable full of old nags. Time for the knackers yard me thinks ,far better if it was a community run company .

Until it comes to hand in pocket then moans etc not that it means we should suffer but bums on seat s are not high so we suffer

The taxpayer already cough up for the running of the service ,makes more sense to have that go to a community run and owned service than the millionaire fat cats that are running it now. Hardwork for the community in which we all benefit is no work at all .

By 'fatcats' I assume you mean that lovely working class Scottish brother and sister who suddenly decided they wanted to keep riff raff working class people off their land once they became rich?

we will be getting another 10 ex buses that no one else wants that will break down and or go on fire

I made arrangements to drive down to Kilmarnock on business and then back to Dunblane for a trade show, but a yellow weather warning was given and the helpful lady in the travel agents in Wick got me sorted to do the journey by bus as I was nervous about making the long trip in bad weather.

As I have not used public transport much I was very sceptical that the plan was going to come together, it all worked out perfectly and the last part of the journey on the X99 form Inverness to Dunbeath was expertly driven by a young lady that demonstrated a great deal of skill.

I would not hesitate to take the bus again and think I would prefer it to driving for this type of journey.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

I have used the bus lots of times, mainly for long distance journeys and have never had any problems at all. I prefer the bus to driving myself (long distance) and usually, there is plenty of banter and folk know each other so like that aspect of it too.