Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Deloitte ride across Britain

Default Deloitte ride across Britain

Thankfully this only happens once a year but does anyone else think it needs better organisation and a Police presence due to the pig ignorant attitude of the middle aged men in lycra?
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

As you say it's only once a year. You only have to look on the internet to know when the riders in Lycra pass through your area; then you can avoid them or cheer them on. You can be sure most of those riders are also drivers and have contributed to the maintenance of our roads and are perfectly entitled to use them. As drivers they will also be aware of their responsibilities regarding other road users.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

I would love to be fit enough to embark on such an event, not sure if Lycra would suit me though.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

At least the Deloitte lot raise a fair bit for charity, not like the chap who was 'road ski-ing' from JOG to Lands End causing havoc on the A9...and looking at his fund raising page only got £1200 for his troubles (and ours). Must have caused tens of thousands of pounds worth of delays to HGV's from what I saw. At least we can look forward to December, January and early February when it will all quieten down and we get the roads back for a while.