Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Is there folk around Thurso how was subject to a power cut early in the week .

Default Is there folk around Thurso how was subject to a power cut early in the week .

Did the power cut interfere with your central heating controller ? Our one is having a hissy fit and won't take or keep changes. Contacted our energy company and they said "it's the grids fault and we won't pay to fix it", they don't have contact details for them , which is strange. Shame and blame have been deleted from their telephone complaints conversations.

About a week ago we had a lot of short Power Cuts. I Phoned up and was told there was no Problem with the Supply and it must be my Problem and I should call out an Electrician. I was happy with this but they insisted it was problem.

I put the phone down and went to Neighbous house and they confirmed thet they had the same problem. They also said that sops in the town were having the same problem. So I phoned up again but this time not the number I had found on the Internet but the number that I had been given as I am listed as a Vuberable Person who keeps essential Medication in the fridge.

This time was completely different and I was advised that they knew all about it and that engineers were working on it and all repairs should be done within the hour. After that phone call we had one brief Power Cut and then none and nothing since.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe