Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Which camera

Default Which camera

I'm an absolute beginner with this so need lots of advice.I can't afford a new digital camera and so have to buy second hand.I need something that will take good photos of my woodwork and in detail.There is a fuji s7000 for sale that I can afford.Is it any good for what I want?

Just read a few reviews on it and it sounds like a good deal to me

reviews here
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

You might like to try this site. Its American but don't hold that against it. It's written by people who have bought a camera (or accessory) with their own cash and used it in the real world. I think this is sometimes better than camera magazines where 'experts' seem to sometimes dwell on technical bits that us ordinary types know and care little about.
    http://www.photographyreview.com/reviewscrx.aspx
    Just when you think everythings fine, life slaps you in the face.

Thanks for that it'll be bedtime reading.
    Hopfully be able to post a few pics when I get it.

I have a very old Fuji that I use at work, can't remember the model but its at least 4 years old, it is only 2.0 megapixel but for taking still photos of stuff your talking about its excellent. Nothing bad i can say about Fuji, I use their film too for my manual camera. Just make sure its in good working order and not abused, if it is the type that has a backscreen, make sure it works properly, the one on my Fuji is starting to disappear now and again but only through years of human abuse.