Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog advice needed.

Also make sure your dog is well walked before you cage them and leave them.
    It helps enormously if the dogs mind and energy are quiet before they're left for ANY length of time. It's natural for a dog to want some quiet time after having been walked, if you try caging an unwalked or excited dog then you'll just be caging that energy with them and it has nowhere to go other than to make alot of noise, scratching at the cage to try to get out or to chew whatever blankets you have left him with.
    Simply walking a dog really does help with alot of issues.
    (I'm not suggesting you don't walk your dog just explaining what I do)
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by porshiepoo View Post
    I know I rant on about Cesar Milan but I believe in his methods so much (I've tried and tested em) that had I been more aware a few years ago when I had to have two of my dogs PTS, then the situation would have been extremely different. The situation that happened would not have occured in the first place and if it had I would have bought my dogs home from the vet and sorted it. Instead I've lost two beloved pets (1 I bred myself) due to my own negligence of what dogs are and what they need. Believe me, that's harder to live with than the actual putting them to sleep.
    Porshiepoo I never heard of Cesar Millan until I started watching 'The Dog Whisperer' on Sky Three.
    Like you I wish I had heard of him long ago as what he says makes such sense and his training methods are so easy to put into practice.
    Does he have any books or DVDs you would recommend?

I know hw has at least one book out here : 'Cesar's Way'.
    He has some DVD's too but you have to get them from his website for ones that will work in the UK.

I think his methods are a breath of fresh air, I always took my dogs 'training' but it never really entirely sat right with me. Now I know why!

I've had more success with a years worth of Cesar's Way than I did in the same amount of time with traditional dog training.
    I still have a lot of work to do but it's amazing how all those problems just seem so 'doable' now!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Smile

Thanks!

I managed to get 'Cesar's Way' on CD from Ebay. Will have a look at his website too.

'Doable' is exactly the word! Other training methods can be so complicated that you give up whereas his methods are so easy to put into use and make so much sense!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12