Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PARKOUR-free running-tracuer- jump london-jump britain

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    i used to live in Aberdeen and i saw kids do exactly what these guys are doing, and in fact, right across from the police station, and never once were they moved along.
    Lol, my kids were doing that stuff there at the weekend! Are you talking about the side streets between King St & Queen St next to the Grampian Police HQ?

that exact street.... Gallowgate is it?

It might have been Gallowgate, but I think it was just around the corner from there. Not 100% sure though.

I don't know where the kids picked up the moves from, but they were surprisingly good at them, at least to my untrained eyes.

There were a few cops around, but I don't recall any of them showing the slightest interest.

Default Video

Hello heres a short video of the people from thurso parkour, the video contains flips but they are not considerd as parkour by most of the parkour community but i find they are good for traning and enjoy practicing them, same goes for many other in the community.

link - http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...N1EHQ5E9NE7GM2

Thanks

I've watched the vid, Keep up the good work you may make it onto Extreme Sports channel. Lol

Provided it isn't causing danger to others or damaging property I think anything that keeps young folk occupied and promotes fitness can only be good.

Some may feel it is pointless to run up walls to do back flips; equally those doing the back flips probably don't see the point of walking round a field hitting a small white ball with a stick.

The sites relating to parkour seem to go to great lengths stressing the importance of training and preparation i.e. discipline, something often lacking other areas of young peoples lives at present, whch can only be of benefit in the long run.

Theres also quite a lot more to parkour than the physical side, on http://www.foucan.com/ it explains the philosophy behind it. The site is made by one of the co creators of parkour sebastien foucan.

Provided it isn't causing danger to others or damaging property I think anything that keeps young folk occupied and promotes fitness can only be good.
    I agree, it was fun to watch. We may see some of you in Cirque du Soleil one day.

Drutt - "Oi! Dont foucan do that on my fence! Foucan kids"

I saw the "Jump London" documentary and it looked very skillful when done by the creator and his colleagues.
    Saw a film of some kids recently trying to copy the free running and quite honestly they looked ridiculous - all that was missing were the red noses.
    If you're going to do something like this you need to find somewhere out of sight to practice otherwise folk will just laugh at you - then when you are up to scratch take it to the streets....

...but not before.

MadPict are you talking about our video when you said:
    "Saw a film of some kids recently trying to copy the free running and quite honestly they looked ridiculous - all that was missing were the red noses. "

I doubt it - not unless you are based in Northampton in Englandcestershire...
    It was shown on a local 'affairs' programme.

Ah right, no we are based in Thurso. Should take a look at the video the link is in a previous post of mine

well we have made some of our own parkour videos, and although they are just starters, they are getting attention with people down in england. i have personally got emails about them , and we are getting noticed. but thanks for the support

Quote Originally Posted by nutty da drummer
    well we have made some of our own parkour videos, and although they are just starters, they are getting attention with people down in england. i have personally got emails about them , and we are getting noticed. but thanks for the support
    Great news,
    Well I for one think physical culture is to be encouraged. I train a little parkour, although not as much since training body flow, you parkour guys are more than welcome to come and have a look at body flow any time you want, or check out our website. I might be an ageing 32 year old, but biomechanics is an important training method in my personal fitness and martial arts training, as it enhances coordination, core strength and more importantly efficient movement.

Biomechanical movement and efficiency is something we all could do with for general health.

So, as long as the traceurs aren't bothering anyone, then I don't see the problem, its a serious skill, takes dedication and commitment, and when in flow is pretty awesome to watch, to see the components of physical strength, spatial awareness, dexterity etc all in unity.

Andrew Usher.
    Andrew Usher
    Partner / Practice Manager
    Dunbeath Surgery
    dunbeathsurgery.co.uk

thats it, we have never damaged anything, the wost we have done is put blood on that is hardly noticable, and has only happened 1 and that was out of us all, we also might have damaged some grass blades, but thats it.

recently, i was walking with other free runners along the precint of thurso, and there were kids in front of us. the police were walking through as they sometimes do. the kids walked on the benches and the police did nothing, the just watched them. then, when we just walked on them we got told to get off them. now can someone tell me about that?please?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12