Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Word of Warning

Quote Originally Posted by ColinWhittaker View Post
    For all you idiots that feel it's ok to travel on the road between Thurso and John o Groats at unbelievably stupid speeds, BE WARNED!!!!! I am going to make it my mission to get you banned. I have now a device to record your speed and take pictures of the vehicle and reg. I will be forwarding theses to the police on a daily basis until something is done.

I have already recorded one of you at over 100mph. Absolutely no respect for your life or anyone else's. This is not exclusive to the silly little, made to sound like a sports car, but there are a number of you on motorbikes that seem to think your on a race track. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

LOOOOOOOOL

im sorry but unless you are a police officer with calibrated equipment then you aint doing nothing of the sort
    self appointed lmao never heard the like of it in my life...............laughable

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DFfIb4iXYAA9w4H.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	32618

Anyone else get reminded of this fellow?

And who may you be addressing little c ?
    What a stooooopid thing to say and to whom!

Interesting news story. The police welcome dashcam footage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-4099...-dodgy-drivers

I will now be buying a roadhawk camera for both front and rear of my car https://www.roadhawk.co.uk/roadhawk-hd-dash-cam

With noting that this refers to a Welsh police trial, don't know if Police Scotland are looking for video.
    W.A.T.P.

Once one police force realises that the public can do a lot of the work for them, others will follow. Most modern dash cams are linked to GPS so show location and GPS calculated speed which on the whole is more accurate than a car speedometer. Hopefully police will concentrate on poor/dangerous overtaking. If someone wants to overtake me at whatever speed that's their prerogative. My dashcam footage will only be useful if then then crash or cause an accident.

Gps speed is on occasion very inaccurate, if it drops a satellite or you travel through a dead spot the speed readout goes all to pot.

my dashcam is used solely for my protection, not for doing the job of the police force
    Last edited by mi16; 22-Aug-17 at 13:18.
    W.A.T.P.

Also remember that anything digital can be altered/ pieces taken out of sequence and changing the color of lites.
    At first glance it is the World's answer, but one must be careful.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Also remember that anything digital can be altered/ pieces taken out of sequence and changing the color of lites.
    At first glance it is the World's answer, but one must be careful.
    Agree, however most average motorists would not be interested in altering video unless they had a real grudge against someone . I imagine altering footage would be an offence in itself, attempting to pervert the course of justice?

Looking at the video on the BBC item, I can't see any need to alter any of it, it was pretty poor driving as it was. I imagine this is the sort of footage the police would be interested in, not speeding on its own or they would be swamped with footage.

Interesting..............Inverness court happy to accept dash cam footage as evidence for prosecution......You will be fined £800 and have your licence endorsed. You will also be disqualified for a period of one year and re-sit your test to drive.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/N...6-22092017.htm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123