Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Word of Warning

Default Word of Warning

For all you idiots that feel it's ok to travel on the road between Thurso and John o Groats at unbelievably stupid speeds, BE WARNED!!!!! I am going to make it my mission to get you banned. I have now a device to record your speed and take pictures of the vehicle and reg. I will be forwarding theses to the police on a daily basis until something is done.

I have already recorded one of you at over 100mph. Absolutely no respect for your life or anyone else's. This is not exclusive to the silly little, made to sound like a sports car, but there are a number of you on motorbikes that seem to think your on a race track. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!
    Last edited by ColinWhittaker; 23-Jul-17 at 22:00.

If you wish people to take you seriously, then I suggest that you either Spell Check before you post or learn to Spell correctly. Mind you this is the best Laugh I have had for ages.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Kodiak do you think its funny the speed some of them drive at on the roads up here

Quote Originally Posted by dc1 View Post
    Kodiak do you think its funny the speed some of them drive at on the roads up here
    A mission to get them all bandy is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinWhittaker View Post
    For all you idiots that feels it is ok to travel on the road between Thurso and John o Groats at unbelievably stupid speeds, BE WARNED!!!!! I am goin to make it my mission to get you banded. I have now a device to record your speed and take pictures of the vehicle and reg. I will be forwarding theses to the police on a daily basis until something is done.

I have already recorded one of you at over 100mph. Aboslulty no respect for your life or anyone else's. This is not exclusive to the silly little, made to sound like a sports car,but there area number of you on motorbikes that seem to think your on a race track. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    A mission to get them all bandy is pretty funny.
    That is what I thought, also to come on here and to post a very threatening post is just not on.

Somehow I just do not believe that this person has gone out and bought the equivalent of a Speed Camera.

So yes I find the thread Funny.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I'm all in favour of safe driving ect but you Might want to check the law before you go play cops and robbers . Also got to have your device calibrated every morning to ensure a correct and accurate reading otherwise it's nil and void.. gave us all a good laugh non the less.

Quote Originally Posted by J1985 View Post
    I'm all in favour of safe driving ect but you Might want to check the law before you go play cops and robbers . Also got to have your device calibrated every morning to ensure a correct and accurate reading otherwise it's nil and void.. gave us all a good laugh non the less.
    Your right, you do have to get them calibrated to make sure they are accurate, unfortunately the guy that comes up do that job got done for drink driving while on his way to Thurso police station to perform his duties.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Sooo....whilst you are rampantly waving your black & red ellesse hairdryer in one hand at speeding motorists and dangling a kodak brownie on a selfie stick in the other (let's hope your belt doesn't snap) It is a criminal offence to obstruct free passage on the highway and that includes footpaths and cyclepaths too. Then there is the Data protection act with you noting down data relating to an individual and from which the individual can be identified . You can also be charged with obstructing a police officer in the execution of his/her duty. This basically means doing anything that makes it more difficult for the police to carry out their duties properly and effectively, so for instance by pretending to be an "enforcement officer" could lead to a person ignoring a real enforcement officer. Let's hope you don't capture a picture of a child, that would be a shame to be labelled as an unsavoury type of observer.... and then there is the risk of a motorist suing your butt off for causing him to crash as you were distracting him whilst trying to play rentacop and getting them to say cheese. If perchance a local driver does have the misfortune of being photographed by you whilst driving at excessive speed and the rozzers do indeed have a word in his shell-like then i don't reckon your house will be very warm in winter with it's windows all broken....oh wait....then again another busted local driver might come along with a little housewarming present for you....problem solved!. Just hope you don't get clipped by a passing motorist and end up in the ditch nursing a bruised egp as due to NHS cutbacks, the local hospital might just not have enough bandages to wrap it all up...ach never mind, there's always a bottle of vinegar and some brown paper down the local chipshop but don't rush to get there, a silly old codger might take your pic on the way.......Next!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    If you wish people to take you seriously, then I suggest that you either Spell Check before you post or learn to Spell correctly. Mind you this is the best Laugh I have had for ages.
    A TouCH oF ThE old POt and KETTle here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    Sooo....whilst you are rampantly waving your black & red ellesse hairdryer in one hand at speeding motorists and dangling a kodak brownie on a selfie stick in the other (let's hope your belt doesn't snap) It is a criminal offence to obstruct free passage on the highway and that includes footpaths and cyclepaths too. Then there is the Data protection act with you noting down data relating to an individual and from which the individual can be identified . You can also be charged with obstructing a police officer in the execution of his/her duty. This basically means doing anything that makes it more difficult for the police to carry out their duties properly and effectively, so for instance by pretending to be an "enforcement officer" could lead to a person ignoring a real enforcement officer. Let's hope you don't capture a picture of a child, that would be a shame to be labelled as an unsavoury type of observer.... and then there is the risk of a motorist suing your butt off for causing him to crash as you were distracting him whilst trying to play rentacop and getting them to say cheese. If perchance a local driver does have the misfortune of being photographed by you whilst driving at excessive speed and the rozzers do indeed have a word in his shell-like then i don't reckon your house will be very warm in winter with it's windows all broken....oh wait....then again another busted local driver might come along with a little housewarming present for you....problem solved!. Just hope you don't get clipped by a passing motorist and end up in the ditch nursing a bruised egp as due to NHS cutbacks, the local hospital might just not have enough bandages to wrap it all up...ach never mind, there's always a bottle of vinegar and some brown paper down the local chipshop but don't rush to get there, a silly old codger might take your pic on the way.......Next!!!
    What an attitude. Speed kills, not only the person who is speeding but those who get in the way....... and if someone is saying they may do something about it, why don't you agree with the speed prob, but desist from all the mumbo jumbo!
    I agree with the Poster. Speeds are crazy in the North of Scotland.

Yes, I also agree about the speeding and no wonder Mr Whittaker is alarmed. Not so sure about taking action and filming the speeders but can totally understand the worry and frustration prompting it. Well done for raising it! The speeding and crazy dangerous overtaking is a real problem and a danger to all road users up here.

Speed never hurt anyone.
    sudden stops are the real killer
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Yes, I also agree about the speeding and no wonder Mr Whittaker is alarmed. Not so sure about taking action and filming the speeders but can totally understand the worry and frustration prompting it. Well done for raising it! The speeding and crazy dangerous overtaking is a real problem and a danger to all road users up here.
    I think we are taking examples of video cam speeding and and convictions in Court from those in America. The Laws for conviction are much stricter in other Countries.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    What an attitude. Speed kills, not only the person who is speeding but those who get in the way....... and if someone is saying they may do something about it, why don't you agree with the speed prob, but desist from all the mumbo jumbo!
    I agree with the Poster. Speeds are crazy in the North of Scotland.
    Oh dear, so what if i have an attitude, who cares? I don't! FYI I do not condone speeding or any other type of law breaking for that matter and we have Police to deal with offenders but whether or not they actually can afford to do that job is debatable. You however have a more serious attitude problem by not trying to dissuade and actually agreeing with some hapless idiot who has decided to take the law into his own hands. That will go down as one of the best clangers of 2017 in my book....unless you can come up with a better one at a later date.

If a section of road has a perceived problem with speeding it is worth emailing road.safety@highland.gov.uk to see if there is any help to reduce the problem. The council can monitoring the traffic speed for a few weeks to see if there is a pattern , i.e. vehicles going to and from work at set times, then they pass the information on to safety partnership teams who can deal with it.

Oh dear, so what if i have an attitude, who cares? I don't! FYI I do not condone speeding or any other type of law breaking for that matter and we have Police to deal with offenders but whether or not they actually can afford to do that job is debatable. You however have a more serious attitude problem by not trying to dissuade and actually agreeing with some hapless idiot who has decided to take the law into his own hands. That will go down as one of the best clangers of 2017 in my book....unless you can come up with a better one at a later date.
    Arson/Assault......people are free to check a speed if they wish and to take a pic. You have turned nothing into something more dangerous.
    Thank goodness there is only one of you.

The Police welcome any footage (dashcam, mobile phone, cyclist's/rider's headcam) from the public that can help with a conviction

God forbid, but if some organ donor ploughs into you at 90+mph, your next of kin will be grateful for footage that'll help the Police work out how you someone popped your clogs for you

'Hair dryer' speed guns do work

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...peed-trap.html

I like this one

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rden-wall.html

For under £100 you can buy a radar gun, admittedly not Home Office approved but capable of a fairly accurate speed reading https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bushnell-LY...orts+radar+gun
    Last edited by Goodfellers; 25-Jul-17 at 09:19. Reason: spelling

I am not sure if I fully support the OP,s actions, but I do understand the frustrations caused by inconsiderate people.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

hope you are including the ones doing just 30mph the one that think they are driving safe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast