Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Word of Warning

Quote Originally Posted by kosacid View Post
    hope you are including the ones doing just 30mph the one that think they are driving safe
    I have noticed that lots of drivers prefer to travel a bit faster than me, but I do pull in to let them pass at every opportunity. Fifty to sixty is fast enough for me and my vehicle, (unless I'm on my bike.)
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

driving to the road conditions and speed limit is fine by me i always stick to them to, the one`s im on about are the ones doing 30mph on a 60mph and about causing a head on, if there was a accident i bet the first thing they would say was i was driving safe lol, as for you pulling in why would you your driving fine ?

Quote Originally Posted by kosacid View Post
    driving to the road conditions and speed limit is fine by me i always stick to them to, the one`s im on about are the ones doing 30mph on a 60mph and about causing a head on, if there was a accident i bet the first thing they would say was i was driving safe lol, as for you pulling in why would you your driving fine ?
    If there are more than a couple of cars behind me and there is a safe place or layby I just except that some folk can and like to drive faster than me, so I pull over and let them bye. It saves causing frustration and drivers taking a risk to overtake.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    If there are more than a couple of cars behind me and there is a safe place or layby I just except that some folk can and like to drive faster than me, so I pull over and let them bye. It saves causing frustration and drivers taking a risk to overtake.
    The only problem with this is there are not many Laybys on the roads in Caithness. Drive safe and Live.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Perhaps the police should issue fines to drivers who travel well below the speed limit and hold up traffic.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Only done in America....

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Only done in America....
    Not really as in the UK you can get areas where there is a Minimum Speed Limit. Two pics below one showing what the Minimum Speed Limit Sign looks like, and the other showing a Minimum Speed Limit Sign in Situ.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Not really relevant in Caithness though is it.
    remember the speed limit is a limit, not a target
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Not really relevant in Caithness though is it.
    remember the speed limit is a limit, not a target
    That is a good piece of info.....The 'speed limit' is the maximum.....and I didn't know the UK had minimums....
    In America the limit can be 60 and the minimum 35. Keeps traffic moving. In Canada slow driving is classed as 'impeding traffic', but rarely is there a conviction.
    Speed Kills....a known fact!

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    That is a good piece of info.....The 'speed limit' is the maximum.....and I didn't know the UK had minimums....
    In America the limit can be 60 and the minimum 35. Keeps traffic moving. In Canada slow driving is classed as 'impeding traffic', but rarely is there a conviction.
    Speed Kills....a known fact!
    no it's definitely the stop that kills you
    W.A.T.P.

Yes of course...

Unless you are a pedestrian walking your dog, then it's the speed that kills. Can you guess I've had a few near misses.........

Shouldn’t botherposting anything on here Colin, Caithness fools come out of the woodwork to getkicks, they must lead boring lives. You can open serious thread with a validargument and debate for it to be ridiculed, make fun of then finally assassinatedby the same old supercilious obtuse idiots with nothing better to do. Makingfun of ones grammar online is simply a form of cyber bulling, picking apart a post by grammar is ignorant, idiotic, and generally give theimpression you are missing the point entirely.

No bites yet, purposely copied and paste, leaving some grammar mistakes so I can be bullied and ridiculed by the forum idiots, cant wait. Lol

Bulling is only effective if it bothers me, and it doesn't. Give them enough rope. 😉

You can tell the speedsters on here, need to get them off the road.

Anyone who causes harm to themselves through their own stupidity don't get my sympathy.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

I knew someone would get onto the Bullying kick again!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMac1 View Post
    No bites yet, purposely copied and paste, leaving some grammar mistakes so I can be bullied and ridiculed by the forum idiots, cant wait. Lol

Maybe didn't work because your original post was at one in the morning, and you gave up by two thirty .....

Quote Originally Posted by linnie612 View Post
    Maybe didn't work because your original post was at one in the morning, and you gave up by two thirty .....
    Welcome....I have paid my debt.
    DavidM....poor person, being bullied. Can you believe these posts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast