Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Garden pots

Default Garden pots

Anyone got some largish plastic pots they no longer need. Looking for some to overwinter some young trees.

Instead of buying, you may try to consider making your own pots if possible. Choose pots made from reuse containers creatively to grow your young trees. Maybe, you can even be creative cost saving containers.

Hi there, I may have some pots large enough for trees, but I also have quite a lot of empty lidded fat ball buckets that would be ideal with a few holes put in them. You are welcome to them as I am putting them in my recycling at the moment to clear them out. We are in Staxigoe. Regards.

Hi there,

Thanks for replying. I never thought about the fat ball buckets. We have loads in the garage so will use them. Thanks again for the idea.

That's really good suggestion for the usage of recyclable items for growing the young trees. It's really superb ideas that you gave.