Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Dogs seem to be more important than Humans(children).

  1. #1

    Default Dogs seem to be more important than Humans(children).

    Am I wrong in thinking that we should be concentrating on helping the Human Race, especially Children?
    Recently the stories about plane loads of Dogs being Imported from Middle Eastern Countries, is absolutely amazing.
    In addition, people bringing home some dog they found on a Steet in a Foreign Country costs likely the same as child. Perhaps more paperwork for the needy child, but the thing seems out of control.
    Also people 'Go Funding', if that is what it is called, for a dog, when they could perhaps save a child or other Human Being from starving or getting killed.
    Recently at an airport in North America, a 'foreign dog' got loose which was on it's way to a 'needy family'. Many hours of searching and Police work were put into this, before the animal was eventually found....days later. Gosh we have enough stray dogs here and the resources could be better used in the prevention of crime or some other form of help for Poor People!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 15-Jul-17 at 17:24.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,586

    Default

    They may be, but nowhere near as important as Donkeys.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Am I wrong in thinking that we should be concentrating on helping the Human Race, especially Children?
    Recently the stories about plane loads of Dogs being Imported from Middle Eastern Countries, is absolutely amazing.
    In addition, people bringing home some dog they found on a Steet in a Foreign Country costs likely the same as child. Perhaps more paperwork for the needy child, but the thing seems out of control.
    Also people 'Go Funding', if that is what it is called, for a dog, when they could perhaps save a child or other Human Being from starving or getting killed.
    Recently at an airport in North America, a 'foreign dog' got loose which was on it's way to a 'needy family'. Many hours of searching and Police work were put into this, before the animal was eventually found....days later. Gosh we have enough stray dogs here and the resources could be better used in the prevention of crime or some other form of help for Poor People!
    What are you wearing on your feet? Why aren't you wearing something cheaper and using the difference to help poor people, you unspeakable beast?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,011

    Default

    It is easy to say we should be caring for humans first before animals.....and I agree, we should.

    However, I'm of the opinion that we would not have to worry about human welfare if we treat animals properly in the first place. People mistreat animals before they get around to mistreating humans. I guess it is a change of attitude I'm calling for. We talk about priorities but perhaps treating animals well is the priority that we should be looking for and then care for humans would naturally follow on without another thought. If we raise the bar for caring for animals then we would raise the bar for humans, we are all connected, our fates are intertwined.

    It is often said in the vegan community that all wars would cease to exist if the abattoirs ceased to exist. It first seems ridiculous but think about that for a second. The day we treat animals as almost as good as ourselves means that we would not only have a huge amount of respect for the animal kingdom but we would also have a greater amount of respect for ourselves. If we wouldn't want to see an animal suffer then we wouldn't want to see a child suffer either. Charity doesn't start at home, it starts with just having basic compassion for all creatures, human or not.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Thurso, Caithness
    Posts
    4,164

    Default

    What about all the Poor Little Teddy Bears.

    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

    Edgar Allen Poe

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Have you eaten a cheap egg recently ?

  7. #7

    Default

    Am not sure what some of you mean.
    We are primarily tasked with helping humans/our own species.
    What I wear on my feet!
    A cheap egg?
    Rheg...I would put treating each other/humans properly is the priority with animals second.
    Just my thoughts...s

  8. #8

    Default

    Most of us in the first world think it's the job of governments to look after people. Animals, ie stray dogs roaming streets, have no one to stand up for them. I was in Northern Thailand a year ago and the locals were bemused by me buying meat to feed them in the evenings.

    I also think that the tv swamping us with pleas for money with film of emaciated children actually has the opposite effect and you become numb to the images.Many of the images come from countries where there is civil war. If they have enough money to buy guns and bombs, then they have enough to feed their own population.

    My view is humans can help themselves, animals rely on us, I will continue to support animal charities.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Am not sure what some of you mean.
    We are primarily tasked with helping humans/our own species.
    What I wear on my feet!
    A cheap egg?
    Rheg...I would put treating each other/humans properly is the priority with animals second.
    Just my thoughts...s
    Ok- be Jesus and never own anything, because you'd be depriving someone else.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Closer than you think
    Posts
    1,393

    Default

    Some people do care as much about humans as they do animals

    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,239

    Default

    I'd draw the line at getting married to a sheep.

    Play the field instead.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Most of us in the first world think it's the job of governments to look after people. Animals, ie stray dogs roaming streets, have no one to stand up for them. I was in Northern Thailand a year ago and the locals were bemused by me buying meat to feed them in the evenings.

    I also think that the tv swamping us with pleas for money with film of emaciated children actually has the opposite effect and you become numb to the images.Many of the images come from countries where there is civil war. If they have enough money to buy guns and bombs, then they have enough to feed their own population.

    My view is humans can help themselves, animals rely on us, I will continue to support animal charities.
    I understand what you say....but....it is not the people or the charities that are buying the guns and bombs...it is the Gov't.
    I have give to said Govt's years ago, one of them being Haiti....Their Gov't took the money and kept it and is presently selling the items that were donated. Program on BBC recently showing the 'stuff' donated was being sold. The medicines are now out of date and lying in warehouses.
    All very sad!
    Last edited by The Horseman; 16-Jul-17 at 21:53.

  13. #13

    Default

    [QUOTE=Anfield;1168494]Some people do care as much about humans as they do animals

    I am so glad....and I believe what you say, thank goodness....

  14. #14

    Default

    Anyway I still don't get the whole thing.
    With us I see the dogs in boats or near the water have life jackets on.....most of the children don't......oh dear!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •