Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: A9 closed

Default A9 closed

A9 closed both ways just north of Ramscraigs, Dunbeath, Police, Ambulance and Fire in attendence
    Ramscraigs Boarding Kennels - Dunbeath 01593 731305. Quality care by Qualified staff in a Quality Kennel.

Now clear, traffic moving.
    Ramscraigs Boarding Kennels - Dunbeath 01593 731305. Quality care by Qualified staff in a Quality Kennel.

Lets hope no birthing mums needed to get down to Inverness in a rush, I think the road was closed for about 2 hours, and of course the injured in the accident come through ok.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Lets hope no birthing mums needed to get down to Inverness in a rush, I think the road was closed for about 2 hours, and of course the injured in the accident come through ok.
    kevin milkins stop MILKING it never heard of air ambulance? when was giving birth ever a life or death situation mabey back in 19oatcake it was but geez old people nowdays

i for one think kevin milkins has a point not every birth is straight forward and if you are driving down the road with your partner in labour you will not be so flippant with your remark cesare, and those that think it is ok to send women down the road need to re think this practice .

I am not sure how many air ambulances are available to the far North, but if it is just one then that was being used to carry one of the injured away from the crash scene.

I still think its incredible that some folk think its ok to strip the far North of its essential services that are already in place and what does it cost to relay patients too and from Inverness?
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

It is not only Birthing Mothers that require to be transported to Inverness Fast as an Emergency. I myself had to be taken to Inverness as an Emergency last year due to a Heart Attack. I went by Ambulance with Blue Lights and Sirens all the way. Quite frightening and if I had to be delayed by a 2 hour stop I might not be here now. So in this I agree with Kevin.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

i know what thats like kodiak husband told he had to be in inverness the same day as he had a consultains appointment at cgh but no ambulance was available so told to get the bus a freind left work to take us in the end when we got to raigmore dr lesely said if he had had a heart attack on they way down he would have died . so thing has to be done before a death happens