I was on the Edge of the World (EOTW) committee from day one to the last (spanning some 7 years of operation - 1990 to 1997). It was me who came up with the name. Therefore I own the copyright. EOTW was also a registered Scottish Charity with a bank account and Inland Revenue ties. I would prefer if this name was not used again in a musical/Caithness context. 'Ends of the Earth' gives your scenario a "fresh start" with no pre-conceptions etc.

I have also been active musically for some 22 years (18 years in Caithness). I'm in the process of building a (serious) recording studio. I've played Blues, Jazz, Pop, Rock, Reggae, Big Band, Theatre, Scottish & Country music. I present a show on local radio. You could say musically speaking I've got some 'experience'. All I can say to you is GOOD LUCK with your multi band event. 17 bands in 10.5 hours! I'd like to see that. Hope they are slick at getting their gear on and off the stage, otherwise they won't be playing for very long (10 minutes to get on, 10 to get off, that leaves about 17 minutes of playing time - IF everything goes SMOOTHLY! - which it doesn't)

Have you thought of: Security, refreshments, toilets, ticket sales, advertising, electric supply, waste disposal, stage layout, parking, programme planning, post event clearing, PA system, stage erection/dismantle (or lorry supply), it goes on & on. (ever had to clean a SERIOUSLY blocked, hired toilet - the day after the event? - pick broken glass from the Viewfirth playing fields - BY HAND?) - Lots of things to think about, that most bands after their 30 minutes of glory have no interest in what-so-ever!

O yes, the OASIS thing! I was at that meeting also. Yes, it was mentioned but the person suggesting the scenario (not on the EOTW committee), never came back with a firm offer or contract with the Oasis Management Team (Did they really have the contacts they boasted off in the first place?) I suggest this was mainly about looking good at a meeting and hot Air. (which there's lots of in the music industry).

Another twist to the tale ! EOTW very carefully (when relocating to Scarbster Farm) chose a weekend that would not clash with a local event, such as a gala day, County Show, or Highland Games. 6 weeks before our last event (1997) we were informed that Thurso Town Improvements had moved Thurso Gala to the same weekend as EOTW (You need to start planning 6 MONTHS in advance and book bands, hire PA's, Marquees etc just to GET them). This nice gesture KILLED EOTW. (who had a £15,000 gross turnover that year). So to donate all proceeds of your planned event to this organisation, I find VERY repugnant.

Please, The Blue Monday organisation is far more deserving.