Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Lord Lieutenant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    OK....the comments I rec'd smell of the Status Quo.........bye bye!
    you may smell status quo. but i just smell some one trying to stir horse s**t

Yes on to the next look to trump tosh

Knock, knock?

Trump tosh? Don't know the Code or Secret Key to decipher.

If you are content to 'worship' Lords and Ladies', So Be It!

Big Mac........I asked a simple Q? What does the Populace think of a Lord taking over a prestigious post in Caithness....obviously you are unable to answer said 'simple question'.

I truly think that there are other 'Caithnesians' whom would be suitable for such a task.....just my personal opinion. Why does one 'Family' have all the say/control?

But that is Caithness.....no one willing to 'stand up and be counted'! So to speak........

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    you may smell status quo. but i just smell some one trying to stir horse s**t
    Definitely the rear end of the horse in this case.And I thought bye bye meant "I have gone because someone disagreed with me".

A few years ago when John Thurso was our local MP I asked for his help to resolve an issue I had with a utility company and he got it sorted where all others failed. I have also heard him speak at many different occasions and I think he is most suited to his present post and will represent the people of Caithness well. That is just my opinion.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Knock, knock?

Trump tosh? Don't know the Code or Secret Key to decipher.

If you are content to 'worship' Lords and Ladies', So Be It!

Big Mac........I asked a simple Q? What does the Populace think of a Lord taking over a prestigious post in Caithness....obviously you are unable to answer said 'simple question'.

I truly think that there are other 'Caithnesians' whom would be suitable for such a task.....just my personal opinion. Why does one 'Family' have all the say/control?

But that is Caithness.....no one willing to 'stand up and be counted'! So to speak........
    You didn't stay away long, with your "Bye bye."

If you are nursing some grudge against toffs, that's fine.

Hard luck to you for failing to find anyone else here who cares whether the Lord Lieutenant is posh or not.

Try Facebook, or Mumsnet.

I have no idea where "the Horseman" gets this bitterness against John Thurso, have met the man, and there are no airs and graces coming from him. John Thurso's record as the mp for Caithness was exemplary in my humble opinion.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

So 'SIDS", you admit they are 'toffs'.
    If the People didn't care why would I be accused of Bitterness.....I will state I have Nothing against said Man. Am sure he is a proficient person...in all that he does.
    I question why other people who have worked hard, fail to, as one mite say, 'get a shot'. I now live where there is a freedom to be able to do such things.....I do think some of the comments on here are less than stellar, and I was going to put my pen down, but decided to 'defend my honour', that is all. I have also rec'd several PM's to support him. If the populace is all for him, so be it! Thank you.

So can we assume its bye bye for good this time ?

You are all so kind....was reading how very few people come on here anymore, due to exactly these type of responses.
    Perhaps it is true......Sma' minds, who like to be ruled by Those they perceive as above them.
    Hey, whatever turns you crank!

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    I have no idea where "the Horseman" gets this bitterness against John Thurso, have met the man, and there are no airs and graces coming from him. John Thurso's record as the mp for Caithness was exemplary in my humble opinion.
    Golach/Grumpy... You just sent me a 'not very nice 'Private message' which automatically deleted when I read it, and you have Docked me little green things...Rep.
    I have never said anything Negative about The Lord. I simply asked why some else would not have a chance. Perhaps you don't live in Caithness.......thus have not seen the ways of the World!
    You may perceive 'bitterness', but it is not so. I find that This Site has deteriorated over the years with attacks on people for no reason, or perhaps people's 'cognitive' interpretation is somewhat askew......
    Be your childish little self......take away my toys......green thingys. Really. Too funny!

Golach/Grumpy... You just sent me a 'not very nice 'Private message' which automatically deleted when I read it, and you have Docked me little green things...Rep.
    I have never said anything Negative about The Lord. I simply asked why some else would not have a chance. Perhaps you don't live in Caithness.......thus have not seen the ways of the World!
    You may perceive 'bitterness', but it is not so. I find that This Site has deteriorated over the years with attacks on people for no reason, or perhaps people's 'cognitive' interpretation is somewhat askew......
    Be your childish little self......take away my toys......green thingys. Really. Too funny!
    i was born and brought up in Caithness, I live in Edinburgh now, but have many contacts and relatives in the County, I still think John Thurso was the best man for the job.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

So 'SIDS", you admit they are 'toffs'.
    Who- the people you nurse a grudge against?

I question why other people who have worked hard, fail to, as one mite say, 'get a shot'.
    What changes do you want made, apart from the obvious exclusion of the people who inspire your inferiority complex?

I now live where there is a freedom to be able to do such things.....I do think some of the comments on here are less than stellar, and I was going to put my pen down, but decided to 'defend my honour', that is all. I have also rec'd several PM's to support him. If the populace is all for him, so be it! Thank you.
    Do you live in one of those lovely countries where the police have freedom to shoot people for being black?

SIDS.....I have no grudge against anyone.
    My complex?......you are a prime example of 'not a nice person'.
    And your last comment should get you Banned.
    Firstly the U.K. Media, profiles problems in other Countries to take the heat off themselves.
    And I can attest to the fact that much of the hype about shooting black people has not been 'tested' in Court,
    where it should be. I have dealt with Major Media for years and know how it works.
    We Religiously abide by the Laws that govern us. We actually abide by the Marquess of Queensberry Rules circa.
    1865 and those of Sir Roberts Peel, whose Rules Govern all Policing Agencies in the World!
    I think you should update your 'news' on the worst Country in the World for discrimination....I am sure that if you
    updated your knowledge base you would find the truth and shut your 'loose lips'.
    I read how Petty you all are, but this is difficult to believe.

And Golach, I likely spend more time in the North of Scotland than you do, but all your attitudes show some
    of you are quite delusional. Read my posts.....I have said nothing about Service to the King/Queen,
    whom you served!

I decided to copy this so that you cannot delete your false and egregious comments!

No wonder people don't come here anymore.....with people like you, there is a Hospital in Inverness that mite help you!

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Who- the people you nurse a grudge against?

What changes do you want made, apart from the obvious exclusion of the people who inspire your inferiority complex?

Do you live in one of those lovely countries where the police have freedom to shoot people for being black?

I decided to copy this so that you cannot delete your false and egregious comments!

No wonder people don't come here anymore.....with people like you, there is a Hospital in Inverness that mite help you!
    Two can play that game!

Horseman, I am intrigued by your 'mites'!
    as one mite say, 'get a shot'.
    that mite help you!
    A mite is either a very small parasite (albeit one that is a nuisance) or else a term used to describe something tiny and insignificant. Was this something subliminal?
    Personally, I have never known a mite to say anything!

I personally have no problem with John Thurso becoming The Lord Lieutenant. I have no idea what their duties consist of, however I met his predecessor when I worked at The Castle Of Mey, and she was there because of HRH's visit. She was lovely. When he was the MP here I wrote to him (as a last resort) to see if he could help me with the CSA (Child Support Agency) who I had been battling with for over 20 years. Although I knew before I wrote there was not a lot he could do to help me, he went out his way to find the people that could and actually did help, they ended a long, long nightmare. John Thurso has my utmost respect for that. Whatever A Lord Lieutenant does, I am sure he will do it very well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123