Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Lord Lieutenant.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Lord Lieutenant.

Can anyone give me the History of the above position, and how Anne Dunnet was chosen to Act in this capacity? Ty

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Can anyone give me the History of the above position, and how Anne Dunnet was chosen to Act in this capacity? Ty
    Wikipedia has a useful entry on this honorary position. Try it.

Anne Dunnett was a prominent local member of the legal fraternity in Wick and Caithness and, in my opinion, an eminently suitable person to be given this honour. There was a tendency in less recent times for the position to be given to minor aristocrats - not always a wise choice.

Partan

Thank you.....yes I did a Wiki search, but wanted more depth, especially about the person.

give her a quick phone call and ask her

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    give her a quick phone call and ask her
    Thank you....great advice!

Go to the Courier/John o groat newspaper web site and you should find an article re Anne Dunnett.

Knock knock

Yes on to the next look to trump tosh

Knock, knock?

Trump tosh? Don't know the Code or Secret Key to decipher.

If you are content to 'worship' Lords and Ladies', So Be It!

Big Mac........I asked a simple Q? What does the Populace think of a Lord taking over a prestigious post in Caithness....obviously you are unable to answer said 'simple question'.

I truly think that there are other 'Caithnesians' whom would be suitable for such a task.....just my personal opinion. Why does one 'Family' have all the say/control?

But that is Caithness.....no one willing to 'stand up and be counted'! So to speak........

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Knock, knock?

Trump tosh? Don't know the Code or Secret Key to decipher.

If you are content to 'worship' Lords and Ladies', So Be It!

Big Mac........I asked a simple Q? What does the Populace think of a Lord taking over a prestigious post in Caithness....obviously you are unable to answer said 'simple question'.

I truly think that there are other 'Caithnesians' whom would be suitable for such a task.....just my personal opinion. Why does one 'Family' have all the say/control?

But that is Caithness.....no one willing to 'stand up and be counted'! So to speak........
    You didn't stay away long, with your "Bye bye."

If you are nursing some grudge against toffs, that's fine.

Hard luck to you for failing to find anyone else here who cares whether the Lord Lieutenant is posh or not.

Try Facebook, or Mumsnet.