Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lord Lieutenant.

Default The Lord Lieutenant.

Can anyone give me the History of the above position, and how Anne Dunnet was chosen to Act in this capacity? Ty

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Can anyone give me the History of the above position, and how Anne Dunnet was chosen to Act in this capacity? Ty
    Wikipedia has a useful entry on this honorary position. Try it.

Anne Dunnett was a prominent local member of the legal fraternity in Wick and Caithness and, in my opinion, an eminently suitable person to be given this honour. There was a tendency in less recent times for the position to be given to minor aristocrats - not always a wise choice.

Partan

Thank you.....yes I did a Wiki search, but wanted more depth, especially about the person.

give her a quick phone call and ask her

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    give her a quick phone call and ask her
    Thank you....great advice!

Go to the Courier/John o groat newspaper web site and you should find an article re Anne Dunnett.

Thanks..will do.

Thank you.....yes I did a Wiki search, but wanted more depth, especially about the person.
    Bit creepy .... Write or email her.

Quote Originally Posted by linnie612 View Post
    Bit creepy .... Write or email her.
    And who would you be to make these allegations....sad person!

I live 5227 km by plane from Wick....put that in your pipe and smoke it...maybe u have! Just too funny.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 19-Jun-17 at 20:29.

And who would you be to make these allegations....sad person!

I live 5227 km by plane from Wick....put that in your pipe and smoke it...maybe u have! Just too funny.
    i stand by what I've said. We have both chosen (relative) anonymity.

You reside over 3000 miles from Wick, by air, according to yourself. Point being?

Drugs, not an issue for me, move on.

A Bbeeg WOW for those comments!

Thank you, Horseman!

Really, Horseman (The)? Bad Rep points for 'False allegations'? It wasn't too long ago that you berated someone else for giving out neg rep.

Anyways, I made no allegations, false or otherwise. I said I found the post to be a bit creepy.

You, on the other hand, have accused me of partaking of the weeeeed!

Looney,
    You seem to thrive on the lower side of life.
    First my post is creepy.
    Second you mention 'weed'.... colloquially...... wheras not being too familiar with said product, I would call it Marihuana..
    (Marijuana in the UK)...I never even thought of that. Put something in your pipe and smoke it. Look up the definition of the phrase...Used after stating something surprising or undesired..to emphasize the Truth. Also used after refuting an arguement, and the list goes on.

To be perfectly honest, I was enquiring about Anne Geddes/Dunnet as I knew an Anne Geddes and a Anne Dunnet from my 'sojourn' at Wick High, and my several years working there, around the same time as she would have been there, if she actually went. In fact I have 'pictures'. Work with that one!
    Wiki and other articles I have read about her does not mention any personal 'facts'. e.g. Approx age and occupation!
    Methinks the enquiry has been put to rest......sad that one cannot ask a Q without being creepy.

I will not bother her, but if she monitors these Boards perhaps she will contact me.......one never knows what will pop up, reaction wise, does one! Tut Tut. ( Expressing my disapproval, or annoyance'.). Wick High did me well!

I will give you back your points when they allow me.
    Last edited by The Horseman; 21-Jun-17 at 02:12.

Looney,
    You seem to thrive on the lower side of life.
    First my post is creepy.
    Second you mention 'weed'.... colloquially...... wheras not beeing to familiar with said product, I would call it Marihuana..
    (Marijuana in the UK)...I never even thought of that. Put something in your pipe and smoke it. Look up the definition of the phrase...Used after stating something surprising or undesired..to emphasize the Truth. Also used after refuting an arguement, and the list goes on.

To be perfectly honest, I was enquiring about Anne Geddes/Dunnet as I knew an Anne Geddes and a Anne Dunnet from my 'sojourn' at Wick High, and my several years working there, around the same time as she would have been there, if she actually went. In fact I have 'pictures'. Work with that one!
    Wiki and other articles I have read about her does not mention any personal 'facts'. e.g. Approx age and occupation!
    Methinks the enquiry has been put to rest......sad that one cannot ask a Q without being creepy.

I will not bother her, but if she monitors these Boards perhaps she will contact me.......one never knows what will pop up, reaction wise, does one! Tut Tut. ( Expressing my disapproval, or annoyance'.). Wick High did me well!

I will give you back your points when they allow me.
    My dear 'Hoarseman' (intended), The,

I will endeavour to ignore your personal remarks, and the verbal diarrhoea that follows - was this really your FINAL edit?

You may keep your points, I have no need of them.

Kind regards

linnie. (Or Looney - whatever floats your boat).

Finis..ty....H

No probs, H, (T) - I can be 'gracious in the face of adversity'.

Nicely put...kinda good sport.

Quote Originally Posted by linnie612 View Post
    No probs, H, (T) - I can be 'gracious in the face of adversity'.
    Your box is full....
    Last edited by The Horseman; 26-Jun-17 at 14:59.

She has just retired and last week did not know who her successor will be. Maybe when that's announced you will get an answer.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast