Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Hermes Delivery

Default Hermes Delivery

Hi I am waiting for 3 parcels via Hermes Should have been delivered on Jun1 and June 10 (2 parcels ) I know the courier has them as it says out for delivery Does anyone have a contact number as I only get voice mail when I ring Hermes directly Thanks

I had same problem could not get anyone to speak to but got a fairly fast reply to email.

If the parcels are from Amazon forget getting any help rom Hermes they are not interested even though they are the courier.

thanks for private message and I will ring them Also thanks bmac800 yep 2 were amazon !!!

We have complained three times about Hermes non delivery of parcels.
    The last time, I was told by Hermes in an email that my parcel was due for delivery that day and it did not turn up for another 5 days.
    My policy now is to complain directly to the company from whom I made the purchase and tell them that until they change their courier, I will not make any further purchases from them and I'm sticking to that.

If I receive a parcel late I alway contact the vendor and demand that any postage costs are refunded.
    hot them on the pocket is they only thing they understand.
    however where possible order with plenty of time
    W.A.T.P.

As far as I know The Hermes depot is based in the Wick Airport Ind Est near Tescos ....But It says out for del as soon as it leaves Inverness and it can be a few days before it goes on the local del van...It all depends where you are as to who is taking your parcel out
    Last edited by Dave Glass; 03-Jul-17 at 20:48. Reason: spelling

McRitichie Highland Distribution (MHD) deliver for Hermes within the Caithness area. Their local depot is in Wick and the phone number is 01955 604510.

MHD have a larger depot in Inverness, and the telephone number is 01463 224928.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs View Post
    McRitichie Highland Distribution (MHD) deliver for Hermes within the Caithness area. Their local depot is in Wick and the phone number is 01955 604510.

MHD have a larger depot in Inverness, and the telephone number is 01463 224928.
    This very helpful information and I will keep this for the next time Amazon decide to send me what I ordered by Hermes. Thank you for this.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

It's j Miller deliveries, big place at the airport but they have a new name
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Hermes are a waste of time.

They now tell you that your item is "Out For Delivery" when it leaves Perth. They state that the item is arriving that day, but that is total garbage.

I had a parcel from Amazon that left Perth at 7.50 AM on Friday and it was supposed to arrive that day. It didn't and it didn't arrive on the Saturday either. I then checked the tracking info and it stated that it would arrive on Monday. It didn't and when it did arrive on the Tuesday the driver told me he was a Hermes delivery man.

The following week it was the same carry on, parcel showing as left Perth at 8 AM for delivery on that day (Tuesday) of course it didn't arrive that day. I actually got an email from Amazon Customer Services stating that there was some problem with my Delivery (Yes, that problem is Hermes) and could I allow an extra one, or two, days for Delivery. The parcel arrived on the Friday, this time it was MacRitchie who actually delivered the item.

Hermes are totally unreliable and pot luck. How it takes so long to get here from Perth is a mystery.

I have complained to Amazon about them but always get the standard "We are constantly reviewing the Couriers we use"

Hermes are cheap and that's why Amazon use them. That way they can offer free delivery. It's generally the simple case that, if you want true quick delivery, you need to pay for a proper courier and not the Mickey Mouse brigade like Hermes and Yodel.

I get regular deliveries of Guinea Pig Hay in 20kg bags that come from the Borders of Scotland. Despite the heavy package, delivery is free. I usually get an email from APC Overnight stating that they will be collecting my parcel shortly. 9 times out of 10 the guy from Menzies is at the door with it the very next day. It shows that it can be done if the will is there. The Hermes guy was unconcerned that it had taken him three days to get my parcel up from Perth. They don't give a toss about service.

Spot on Scorrie.

If a company only use Yodel or Hermes as couriers I always try to source the item from somobody who will use Menzies or Royal Mail.

Recently needed a part for the car which was air freighted from the factory to Inverness and picked up by Menzies and delivered here the very next morning. Excellent service and really decent price.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Up until now I have had nothing but Bad to say about Hermes. Now I must post something good.

On Thursday Past, (20th July) I ordered a New Monitor from Amazon. When I checked the method of delivery my Heart sank as it said it was to be delivered by Hermes and would arrive on Saturday 22nd July.

Fully expecting either a late delivery or even Non delivery I was completely taken by Surprise when on Friday, (21st July) this Monitor was delivered at about 3.30pm. It arrived safe and sound and it was delivered in less than 24 Hours as well, one day early.

Does this mean that Hermes are getting their act together? or was it just a Fluke, I do not know. All I know is that I now have one happy Mrs Kodiak as she now has a new Computer Monitor and that makes me Happy.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I bought a saddle off a seller on facebook who sent it via Herpes.
    It was 'out for delivery' for over four weeks. The seller was frantic as she had not insured it for enough money trying to cut corners though she charged me well enough for it. I did get it in the end but not before both she and I had learned never to use them again. The driver didnt give a hoot either!

I'll definitely be calling them Herpes from now on!

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Up until now I have had nothing but Bad to say about Hermes. Now I must post something good.

On Thursday Past, (20th July) I ordered a New Monitor from Amazon. When I checked the method of delivery my Heart sank as it said it was to be delivered by Hermes and would arrive on Saturday 22nd July.

Fully expecting either a late delivery or even Non delivery I was completely taken by Surprise when on Friday, (21st July) this Monitor was delivered at about 3.30pm. It arrived safe and sound and it was delivered in less than 24 Hours as well, one day early.

Does this mean that Hermes are getting their act together? or was it just a Fluke, I do not know. All I know is that I now have one happy Mrs Kodiak as she now has a new Computer Monitor and that makes me Happy.
    They have definitely turned the corner and are now magic on the basis of that one delivery.

To be serious, I think that if your parcel is due on a Tuesday or Friday, you can get it more quickly. Monday's are usually poison.

Well... I ordered an item of ebay on Wednesday, paid the extra £4.99 for 24 hour delivery giving me an ETA of Friday (48 hours, not the 24 advertised). Still no sign of it.

When I go to the tracking page three days after order, 1 day after delivery due & all I am told is... "We expect your shipment information soon."
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Well... I ordered an item of ebay on Wednesday, paid the extra £4.99 for 24 hour delivery giving me an ETA of Friday (48 hours, not the 24 advertised). Still no sign of it.

When I go to the tracking page three days after order, 1 day after delivery due & all I am told is... "We expect your shipment information soon."
    The 24 hour delivery normally doesn't apply to Caithness. If you don't get it on the Friday, it's the following Tuesday in my experience. Let us know if it arrives on the Tuesday, as we may be able to see a pattern here.

Was away for the week (hence the 24 hour delivery). When I got back it had been left in a safe place & a card (well, bit of paper) through the door. No date on it so can't say what day it arrived.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Items ordered from Amazon Thurs 10th. Delivery said arriving 17th (yesterday) tracking on Amazon and Hermes said arriving 17th.
    Item "Out for Delivery" from Perth at 0638 yesterday.
    No sign.
    You get what you give