Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: wick

Default wick

whats happening at wick today lots of police never knew the county had so many

Lots at Thurso as well.?
    happiness is best shared

Cleaning up a crime wave.

Was it the movement of nuclear kit there was armed police in the airport fields

It`s probably the top secret convoy from Dounreay to Wick airport again.
    Don`t bother "repping" me it`s turned off.

Think of the money that could be saved if they just hired a white van man and did the job on the quiet.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Problem with that is that it would probably end up not delivered and up for sale on free ads within a month
    let's hope that all the professional delivery drivers you just labelled as lazy thieves don't find out your address....chances are you won't be seeing any parcels again if they do but don't worry too much, you can get your stuff on free ads.

I'll let you in to a secret. I was a delivery driver for 40yrs (retired the last ten). Used to drive for Pickfords removals. If you have used a removal firm, have you ever wondered why your LP's (showing my age) or CD's (and any alcohol) were always loaded last? It was because certain unscrupulous drivers and his mate would stop in a layby and see if there was anything they fancied. I was not one of them. 99% of delivery drivers are honest, but not all so apologies for inferring all in previous post.

It was meant as a bit of black humour

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    let's hope that all the professional delivery drivers you just labelled as lazy thieves don't find out your address....chances are you won't be seeing any parcels again ...
    So these professional drivers will steal his parcels?

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    So these professional drivers will steal his parcels?
    Shaggy was replying to a tongue in cheek comment I made (I think).

A while ago there was a post on here about parcels going missing http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?259303-Hermes!!!!

In the news about the same time was this story about delivery drivers stealing parcels and selling on ebay http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-36000-9035163

After reading Shaggys comments I decided that the post might be misunderstood (un-funny) and removed it.

I was accused of not having a sense of humour last Christmas when I didn't find a 'humerous' post about drink driving funny and got a bashing on here. Just trying to show I do have a sense of humour ...........and failed.

Ps my parcel delivery driver is great, always leaves parcel where I can find it and nothing has ever gone astray.

It seems slightly ironic that the assistant chief constable, Bernard Higgins was interviewed on the news tonight and he assured the public that their is plenty enough armed police on the streets to deal with terrorism " Dumfries to Inverness and everything in between, we've got it covered". I would suggest that if it kicked off in Perth on Saturday, every Bobby with a gun and bullet was on duty in Wick.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.