Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Airbnb?

Default Airbnb?

Does anyone know anyone who does or has done airbnb or even stayed...how demanding is it and what are the pitfalls...

I know I can go to their website...but I would like real peoples ideas/opinions rather than the utopian veiw from a distanced web page!...

Thank you in...

Angel...
    I'm not perfect, which is a shame really, as everyone else is!

I've not used it personally but have known people who have and the only advice I can offer is what ever you do ensure you pay through their web site as if you get a problem the money is guaranteed. If you get accommodation offered but you have to pay by bacs or other means then avoid like the plague as they do have a lot of cons at the moment but they are all over paying outside of the site. Apart from that issue they have a very good success rate.
    If you need sign writing or sign & print services then why not give me a call.
    Tel: 01593 721172
    www.kjsigns.uk

I've stayed in airbnb properties a few times and never had a bad experience - I'd agree always pay through the website, contact your host beforehand to confirm arrangements and read reviews on the hosts before you book as they're generally very helpful.

make sure you insurances cover you for when you rent out your house

we stayed in Rome in an AirBnB flat, my daughter booked it as a present for us, something i would never have tried myself but was so impressed by it and the price I'd look into it again for a city break. Our host was in regular contact with us advising us on where to go and when best to go, how to buy tickets, where to eat etc, he was there to welcome us to the flat and had left us bread, butter, cheese, wine and directions to the local bar! Read reviews about the host/accommodation, pay through the website and go have an adventure