Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Universal Credit cards kill cash for booze and bingo

Default Universal Credit cards kill cash for booze and bingo

The Tories are to roll out the new Universal Credit payment card which is an end to cash from next year shops and utility companies that install readers will get payment. The new card shows what can be purchased and what is purchased every time it's used . No more booze, fags or bingo , no to phones , petrol etc . Every time you apply for your next payment the card will be read and if things are not as they should be the card will be closed. Great ideal and the sooner the better ,Come on the Tories lets kick things into shape . They've had the carrot now it's the stick .

A link to the story would be useful, can't find anything on Gov.uk

Many people who will be in receipt of universal credit will be in work, others will be unable to work because they are sick, caring or single parents. And even if they are unemployed do people really think that they should not be allowed a packet of cigarettes or a bottle of wine.

Who ARE these heartless judgemental idiots so sure of their own superiority that they can look down on others. Revolting.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    Many people who will be in receipt of universal credit will be in work, others will be unable to work because they are sick, caring or single parents. And even if they are unemployed do people really think that they should not be allowed a packet of cigarettes or a bottle of wine.

Who ARE these heartless judgemental idiots so sure of their own superiority that they can look down on others. Revolting.
    I don't think the story is true/factual

Sounds like "Fake News" to me...

If they where to do it then the only people who would gain would be criminals who would find a way around it & take a cut for themselves.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

old news from a few years back. trialled in the Tyneside area iirc and dodgy shopkeepers were giving cash back to the punters for a "fee" so it won't stop them from getting booze or ciggies. Not that i support it anyway but i personally don't think that benefits payments are paid out to fund a sky tv package or a new iphone contract etc and it's really wrong when hard-working taxpayers are paying taxes to fund said benefits when the taxpayers themselves can't afford the same luxuries. Benefits are paid to help those who are in the position of being unable to find work through varying genuine reasons and the system works but only just, but when you get sanctions and other cuts it leaves the vulnerable wide open to abuse. All the while we are seeing the two fat lardies down the council estate with 16 kids sponging off the system and moaning because their kids have to wear £200 trainers as hand me downs from an older sibling and because their 5 yr old doesn't have a mobile phone or x-box one with the latest games......that is the real problem!. The genuine lose out because of the spongers and those are the ones who should be getting a card and not cash. That will soon see them getting off their backsides and doing a days graft for their money.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-gambling.html

for the benefit of dozy. i became a carer three years ago as my mother is ill i had worked all my life from h\when i left school up until the age of 49. i am now on benefits so what you are saying is that i should give up all the little luxuries that i have not that they are very many. even though i have worked all my life. surely even an idiot like you can see that some people are unemployed through no fault of their own. so may make a suggestion that perhaps you get on with your own life and keep you're idiotic remarks to you're self.

Quote Originally Posted by jockyplunck View Post
    for the benefit of dozy. i became a carer three years ago as my mother is ill i had worked all my life from h\when i left school up until the age of 49. i am now on benefits so what you are saying is that i should give up all the little luxuries that i have not that they are very many. even though i have worked all my life. surely even an idiot like you can see that some people are unemployed through no fault of their own. so may make a suggestion that perhaps you get on with your own life and keep you're idiotic remarks to you're self.
    Sort yourself ,it's the Tory Party that's up to change the whole system and its the blind of mind that will vote them in. Scotlands little hitler ( Ruth Daivdson ) and her like, pick on anyone that can't fight back and the rest of the unionist Scot hates follow on blindly. Fear wins votes and the Tory paedophile based rhetoric of grooming ,Fear and salvation is a shamefull and sick tactic to use .

R U OK?....Hitler and Paedophile.....that is a pretty 'pathetic' statement/attitude....