Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wick King George V Park Football Pitch et al

Default Wick King George V Park Football Pitch et al

Folks, i'm trying to gather a few like minded individuals to progress refurbishment of the childrens football pitch in King George v Park ( inbetween Green Rd and Coach Rd ). Various funding grants are available, we just need to pull together some documentation suffice for justification for new posts, nets, flags and pitch lining at this time. There are other issues that need attention too. I know HC should be providing this and i'm pursuing this as a separate issue with our new local Councillors. I,m sure an 'understanding' can be reached. If you wish to help the cause....please email me
    I kent his faither

Best hurry before the council sell it off.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Why not ask WADF for some of the money they have stashed away - I believe the money was raised for local football - worth a try to this registered charity.

I passed through the park and also noted the old posts, etc. good luck with the refurbishment

Further to initial posting, Highland Council have commissioned a survey of the recreational parks within Wick. Its quite a damning report... with park equipment being condemned due to lack of maintenence. Please contact Royal Burgh of Wick Community Council for current developments and forthcoming discussions with HC to establish how we can resolve this totally unacceptable situation.

We need these parks refurbished for spring 2019...lets explore every avenue to make sure it happens for our kids.
    I kent his faither

Quote Originally Posted by Camra View Post
    Folks, i'm trying to gather a few like minded individuals to progress refurbishment of the childrens football pitch in King George v Park ( inbetween Green Rd and Coach Rd ). Various funding grants are available, we just need to pull together some documentation suffice for justification for new posts, nets, flags and pitch lining at this time. There are other issues that need attention too. I know HC should be providing this and i'm pursuing this as a separate issue with our new local Councillors. I,m sure an 'understanding' can be reached. If you wish to help the cause....please email me
    http://www.fieldsintrust.org/history
    I kent his faither

Have you tried sourcing funds from the various charities of which there are many for sports funding or are you still trying to get a group of folk together to help get funding and oversee the work when you do get enough funding together.
    The library would often hold a book with many charities listed and what they will issue money for when asked - that is if you are unable to find them on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    Best hurry before the council sell it off.
    They cant sell it off...it belongs to the King George V Parks Trust...council are only the caretakers as such.
    I kent his faither

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Why not ask WADF for some of the money they have stashed away - I believe the money was raised for local football - worth a try to this registered charity.
    Tried that already....they stated the money WADF raised was for a new 'facility' only...but were prepared advise.......
    I kent his faither

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Have you tried sourcing funds from the various charities of which there are many for sports funding or are you still trying to get a group of folk together to help get funding and oversee the work when you do get enough funding together.
    The library would often hold a book with many charities listed and what they will issue money for when asked - that is if you are unable to find them on internet.
    We're working with CVG and others to establish which Charities are able to help...SSE BOWL..Dounreay Communities Fund...Bailey Wind Farm etc....
    I kent his faither

good luck on trying to get anything out of WADF! it wouldn't surprise me if all the money has been blown....Back to the post though, have you approached the National Lottery fund?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    good luck on trying to get anything out of WADF! it wouldn't surprise me if all the money has been blown....Back to the post though, have you approached the National Lottery fund?
    WADF have already refused to provide funds as monies ar to be used to conduct a feasibility study for a new sports complex...( no rocket science required to work out the outcome of that) ....we check their accounts on an annual basis, currently £136,000 accounts are submitted to OSCR. They have offered to provide advice. We're working with HC to establish what their responsibilites are before we approach funders.
    I kent his faither