Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Looking for any help and information: Ashley House, Wick

Default Looking for any help and information: Ashley House, Wick

I am researching Ashley House, Wick (that was!)
    I am interested in the history of its ownership as well as what it has been used for in the past. I would welcome anything including photos. Please do get in touch even the smallest bit of information will be helpful. Thanks in anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc4725 View Post
    I am researching Ashley House, Wick (that was!)
    I am interested in the history of its ownership as well as what it has been used for in the past. I would welcome anything including photos. Please do get in touch even the smallest bit of information will be helpful. Thanks in anticipation.
    Ashley house was built by an Alexander Oag in, I think, 1886 and the lane re-named Oag Lane (formerly Rose Lane) as far as I know it was always residential flats, the large garden and livestock was tended to in its later years by Mr. & Mrs. Condie, (mostly by Sibby Condie) who occupied the basement flat.
    The Johnston Collection, www.johnstoncollection.net has an image captured from their studio in what is now Riverside Home and it shows Ashley House on the right of the image, visit the web page and type Ashley House in the search box. I hope that this helps. Mosser

Thanks so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to send this. It means alot.
    S

I lived across the road in Louisburgh Street. It was divided into several flats at that time. I remember the Condies.
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Default Still looking!

I am still looking for information about Ashley House in Wick. I am interested in anything about it that has not already been mentioned. Of particular interest is its owner history and dates up to it being demolished. Thanks in anticipation!

I had a conversation with Dan MacKay a while ago about this building and he seemed very knowledgeable about its past and its place in the community.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I had a conversation with Dan MacKay a while ago about this building and he seemed very knowledgeable about its past and its place in the community.
    Hello, better late than never...sorry, lost all my info when computer crashed . Dan Mackay? Would like to contact him for more info. Thanks so much.

I don't have a contact number for Dan , but I believe he is a correspondent for the Groat and well known in the community, I'm sure someone will give you his contact details.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by ngc4725 View Post
    Hello, better late than never...sorry, lost all my info when computer crashed . Dan Mackay? Would like to contact him for more info. Thanks so much.
    still got the hard drive?

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Thank you will try and pursue a contact.