Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wicks new ambitious plans

Default Wicks new ambitious plans

What is your views on this ambitious plans for Wicks harbour and the deep water berthing, will this be long term, or long long term.

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

I hope it goes ahead and very quickly, there is a lot of decommissioning coming up in the next few years, it would bring in lots of work, extremely long term and short term
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

thanks riggerboy foryour views.

Great for Caithness if it did come off but I can't see it ever happening. Breakwaters were planed for Wick bay in the herring boom day's they were never built and went to Peterhead instead and certainly were a success there. Who would invest the money when the same sort of thing is already in place in the Cromarty Firth in deep sheltered water. Also the same idea is being planned for Lyness in Scapaflow again deep sheltered water. And would there be work for a lot of decommissioning ports? I can't see the money being spent scraping the rigs that there was building them.