Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Stone

Default Jamie Stone

Met Jamie Stone LIB/DEM tonite.
    Seems like a pretty smart/well put together guy....
    Thoughts?

He said he would do whatever to get the North on the map and improve things. He was putting up signs in Lybster and knocking on doors.
    And what is wrong with a Tory I ask?
    Last edited by The Horseman; 14-May-17 at 09:00.

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Now that's funny , a lib dem is one of those who climbed into bed with the Tories .
    From what I heard that was a while ago. Am just saying that Jamie Stone seems like a 'go getter'.... and that is what the North needs. Someone with Vision.

I try to stay away from the mechanics of politics, I would always vote for the person, not the party.

I have known Jamie Stone for a very long time and he is a down to earth straight talking guy.

Our current MP is not only invisible, he has made it quite clear he is not interested in anything happening at "local level" and refers any enquiry to an MSP.

Anyone with connected brain cells has got to be an improvement on our current situation.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

In this election to my mind the overwhelming aim should be to get rid of "The Member for Moscow Central" who is masquerading as our MP. All he seems to be good for is appearing on Russian TV or spouting garbage on Russia Today. His other claim to fame is of course for claiming the most expenses of any trougher in Westminster. If voting for Jamie Stone gets him out then the Jamie fellow has my vote.

Perhaps u cud tell me who that is?

He has just been elected as a councillor so would need to resign if he becomes an MP triggering a by election at the cost of up to £35,000!
    Last edited by Liz; 15-May-17 at 14:33.
    "Until one has loved an animal part of their soul remains unawakened"

Jamie Stone already has had years of being the MSP and go-getting and putting Caithness on the map and failed to do so. The electorate judged him on his record and rejected him in 2016 and he failed to get elected to public office, why should we trust him this time?
    Last edited by Rheghead; 15-May-17 at 16:41.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Jamie Stone already has had years of being the MSP and go-getting and putting Caithness on the map and failed to do so. The electorate judged him on his record and rejected him in 2016 and he failed to get elected to public office, why should we trust him this time?
    All Stone needs to do is get rid of this lying charlatan :
    http://www.scotsman.com/news/politic...-nhs-1-4447467.

One has to know/remember that many issues need the support of other elected Officials....Try as they may, Politicians can do their very best, and still not get a Consensus... there are many 'grey areas' in the Political field. A person may genuinely want to do something but cannot get the support.
    A walk in their shoes would be an 'eye opener'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander1 View Post
    All Stone needs to do is get rid of this lying charlatan :
    http://www.scotsman.com/news/politic...-nhs-1-4447467.
    Oh dear, it appears that Dr Brooks saw more in it than was intended.

“The reference to the recently formed Caithness Maternity and Gynaecology Group in the leaflet was intended to communicate the scale of work being undertaken. I am sorry for anything that is wrong in the leaflet and any embarrassment caused for Dr Brooks and would like to give a categoric assurance that no implied allegiance to the SNP or indeed any other political party was intended.”

Read more at: http://www.scotsman.com/news/politic...-nhs-1-4447467
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I agree with The Horseman. It is very difficult to be in an elected position in government at any level and in general, it seems to me, whatever the issue, you are 'damned if you do and damned if you don't'. I think that the vast majority at least start out with intentions of working hard and doing good and no doubt get ground down by the system. Of course there are some that are not but they are a minority, I think. Also, I think that the above has just been a genuine mistake and has been retracted and an apology given. That should be the end of it surely? We all make mistakes and are all human! That's my 5 pennyworth done!

Well done Mr. Stone......nice to meet you in Lybster!

How is Jamie Stone doing? Anyone keep tabs on him.
    He seemed like a Dynamic fellow......lets hope he can get the support....
    Anyway a report would be nice...
    TY

Doesn't matter how you cut it or the name used but the Libs ,will always be the Tory party rent boys . You can change the person but not history . Jamie Stone is a nice guy but " fly with the crows" . Just another wasted vote for a nothing party.

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Doesn't matter how you cut it or the name used but the Libs ,will always be the Tory party rent boys . You can change the person but not history . Jamie Stone is a nice guy but " fly with the crows" . Just another wasted vote for a nothing party.
    Oh come come Dozy.... we cannot be so......?.....
    I feel Stone will do the best job possible. He obviously was respected enuff to get elected....And don't say he was the best of the other evils. Have a chat with him.. Dynamic guy, who is willing to talk to anyone...Me.....and He knew I didn't have a vote!

I've meet him many times ,nice guy to talk to but and there's always a but . He's in the same party as Watery Wullie ,say no more. We hate the thought of our children living in fear but we tell them to be careful, but do the exact opposite . Polititions have hijacked words and used them as weapons to extract votes and power from the masses . Jamie Stone never won the vote because he can or will make things right or better, he won because the three so called unionist Fear parties got you scared. Westminster need you and us all on our knees ,that's how they keep their power and money . Jamie Stone can't change that .

It's a loaded game and the dice are weighted in the houses favour . It's that simple and if you can your head around that don't play their game ,no one is saying that the dealers are party to the con . Nice people are needed for it to work but it doesn't change the outcome or rules, that's were you get the saying " your a born loser" . We the voters are all losers and if Scotland had got independence the Westminster machine would have been in the spotlight and that's not acceptable . If you believe that Lady Diana was a victim ,pin that badge on yourself. Some polititions are really nice folk but they're in the wrong game, your can't change what they don't know is broken or what if they broke it on purpose.
    Last edited by dozy; 20-Aug-17 at 15:11.

There must be something positive......somewhere....

Only the people can change things and stop listening to the FEAR brigade and give their time and energy to the community . Help begins with the community standing together and pushing for change as its all in our common interest . Many years back I asked that if wind turbines were to be put up in Caithness there should be a community trust setup to get as much cash as possible for the community as a whole . The turbine developers and the Inverness council said no way , it's was in the developers interest not to go down that road as they could play one group off against the other. The Commuity was robbed out of millions , millions we could have used to improve so much . Inverness council is no friend to Caithness and when Inverness got city status the rest of the highlands should have had its own council. Power should be local and used to secure that Community not bleed it dry. This " we're all in it together " is rubbish and it only allows those who have personal interest to work in shady groups against the common good but stops anyone from pointing the finger and bring them to book. You can't say someone in power is up to something shady even when we all know they are. In the last 20 years good folk have been pushed aside and gadded, bad folk have risen into places of power. If we want change and we need it more than ever, let's have a community trust that will push to do what's best for us . Jamie Stone may well be an island in a sea of people where self interest comes first but maybe ,just maybe there's more of us islands waiting to pop our heads up and give folk a choice. Its time for a Caithness Community Trust ,just need to get things started.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast