Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Chalkey

Default Chalkey

I may be reporting 'old news' here but last week whilst watching Rick Stien's section on Saturday Kitchen I wondered about his dear little dog Chalkey.

Those of you who have watched Rick Stien’s programs will know that Chalkey has seemed to have been around for such a long time and was always a feature in every film.

I contacted Rick's web page and asked about Chalkey and a few days ago received a reply.

Quote - Unfortunately poor old Chalkey went to the great rabbit hunting territory in the sky in January 2007; he was 17½. Rick and his family were extremely sad to lose him but he had had a wonderful life traveling the length of Britain with Rick.

17½ was a great age don’t’ you think? Surly it was all that good food that he was fed by Rick along the way…

LB

Aaawww that's sad news about Chalkey but he got to a good old age and had a great life.
    He was right wee character.

I don't think he actually belonged to Rick though but can't remember whose dog he was?