Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: No link to heart attack or strokes from dairy...despite 'expert' 'advice' on here

Default No link to heart attack or strokes from dairy...despite 'expert' 'advice' on here

Posts on here from an anti dairy (anti-everything) poster would have you believe dairy is the devils own food.

True experts disagree.

Story published in The Guardian, a newspaper preferred by vegetarians for its liberal views and pro vegetarianism

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2017/05May/Pa...roke-risk.aspx

That's great news ,so it's the Westminster Government that's to blame .silly me. Well it's another 5 years of heart attacks and strokes to look forward to ,who would have thought.

The higher risks are linked to obesity. That gentleman would have it that if you eat dairy and meat, you are bound to be fat or at risk of it whereas if you are vegan, you would never be obese. But as usual, things are not that simple or black and white. Same with cholesterol which is manufactured in the liver and in fact, a person who eats a very low fat diet (such as no full fat dairy products or meat) may have high blood cholesterol due to synthesis within that organ. Again not black and white, few things are! It's metabolism, ain't it, a highly complex thing but try telling that to you know who!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Posts on here from an anti dairy (anti-everything) poster would have you believe dairy is the devils own food.

True experts disagree.

Story published in The Guardian, a newspaper preferred by vegetarians for its liberal views and pro vegetarianism

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2017/05May/Pa...roke-risk.aspx
    I just couldn't help noticing the following quote. We had the same from tobacco companies.

The study was funded by an unrestricted grant from the Global Dairy Platform, Dairy Research Institute and Dairy Australia.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

No....no more....please...

Rheghead points out......The study was funded by an unrestricted grant from the Global Dairy Platform, Dairy Research Institute and Dairy Australia.

The next sentence (which I'm sure he read)......However, the funders are reported to have had no role in the study design or any other study processes.

Rheghead has previously claimed we have to accept 'expert' views unconditionally, therefore he cannot challenge their impartiality when the expert view does not fit with his beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by wavy davy View Post
    No....no more....please...
    Sorry for the post. When I see something that conflicts with Rheg's posts I just can't stop myself. However, I'm willing to call a truce if we have all had enough!

I'll just pop this one here

https://youtu.be/z0O_VYcsIk8

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post

Nice one Jox.

I think it may be a good idea for Rheghead And Goodfellers to meet up at Spoons and choose what they each desire from the menu and put the world to rights.

Regards of what we choose to eat we are all going to snuff it soon enough so a little of what we like is on the menu for me.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post

That's got to be the funniest thing I've seen in a while, thanks for posting (especially the chair kick at the end)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post

Nice one Jox.

I think it may be a good idea for Rheghead And Goodfellers to meet up at Spoons and choose what they each desire from the menu and put the world to rights.

Regards of what we choose to eat we are all going to snuff it soon enough so a little of what we like is on the menu for me.
    Could we meet in a boxing ring outside spoons? I'll come with a frozen leg of lamb and Rheg can come at me with some limp celery, it would be a good family day out. The loser has to convert and agree to stop posting anything contentious on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Rheghead points out......The study was funded by an unrestricted grant from the Global Dairy Platform, Dairy Research Institute and Dairy Australia.

The next sentence (which I'm sure he read)......However, the funders are reported to have had no role in the study design or any other study processes.

Rheghead has previously claimed we have to accept 'expert' views unconditionally, therefore he cannot challenge their impartiality when the expert view does not fit with his beliefs
    Well yes the impartiality has to be questioned because in the dairy cancer thread I was at pains to post many scientific studies that were impartial which suggest that dairy products were linked to increased risk of cancer and many other illnesses. They were many and people were getting fed up with the wealth of evidence against dairy. I wanted to show that the science was real and was impartial.

And then your first attempt at posting a scientific study which suggests that dairy is not linked heart attacks and strokes is actually funded by the dairy industry. A disclaimer which says that the sponsorship does not affect the findings has to be questioned in the same way that climate studies which are sponsored by the oil industry has to be viewed with suspicion. Even if the dairy sponsored 100 studies to get one study which supports their agenda and sales and they retain and not publish the other 99 studies is not impartial. They have cherry picked the study.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 13-May-17 at 20:10.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.