Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Council elections

Default Council elections

How on earth am I supposed to vote in the council elections when I haven't seen one of the prospective councillors let alone spoken to one. Are they all that sure of themselves that they see no need to make themselves known to we, the minions they presume they to represent.
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    How on earth am I supposed to vote in the council elections when I haven't seen one of the prospective councillors let alone spoken to one. Are they all that sure of themselves that they see no need to make themselves known to we, the minions they presume they to represent.
    Glad to hear that I'm not alone. I would love to have a 'chat' with a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    Just put an "X" in the box, it's easy...
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

I have had a few chats with Linda Malik that seems to be everywhere I look and more than willing to spend time to talk.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Just put an "X" in the box, it's easy...
    Thats not how it works in Council Elections these days
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

this time its 1234 or 5 in the box you have to in each box you want

The Conservative chappie posted a leaflet through the door of my Halkirk den - and then ran away!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogbrush View Post
    The Conservative chappie posted a leaflet through the door of my Halkirk den - and then ran away!
    You've been lucky, my letterbox has been stuff with all manners of political blurb this last week but did see Bill Fernie doing his own deliveries

Close your eyes and stick a dart in the ballot paper. The one nearest wins. Probably a better way of voting for our Councillors. You may be lucky and elect a half decent one for a change. But are there any half decent Councillors anyway?
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Ive had a pile of crappy leaflets through the door, only on candidate has actually knocked the door. All ive seen is a pile of rubbish on social media trying to supply surfers with somewhere to wash! Last time i looked there was a campsite facing the beach....

Someone must have read my post for yesterday I received several bit of bumpf in the post!
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

There appears to be a bit of a rammy on the Wick SNP Facebook page that everyone is talking about and the candidate for Wick (Raymond Bremner) is really not coming across very well at all.

It is the 2nd post down on "Gails Guide To Holyrood" that it is all kicking off in the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/wicksnp/posts/

"a bit of a rammy" and "everyone" appears to be 3 people having a conversation and voicing their concerns and issues. hardly front page news, i've seen better rammies and heated posts on here!

who to vote for i cant decide, SNP aren't getting my vote this time any suggestions who to vote for ?

I'm voting for the person I think will do the best job.
    Have had a long and interesting conversation with a local independent candidate, a cursory reply from a query raised with the labour one and half a rain forest of leaflets through the letter box from various others.
    As for the proportional representation, I just ignore the other candidates and place my one vote on the ballot paper, old fashioned maybe but at least I'm not voting for some one I don't want.

unless you have spare money to hand over the Councillors are not intrested in normal people unless you are an enviromentalist

Same can be said for the Thurso guy if he doesn't like scrutiny on his social media pages he blocks whoever is giving him a hard time, not a very encouraging trait if you have no back bone or strong convincing arguments and commitment in your parties direction
    Oedipus was the first man to plug the generation gap

Thurso and North West Ward candidates will be in Pentland Hotel, Thurso, Saturday night from 7.0 according to today's Courier. Doesn't say anything about the other side of the county. Having only 8 councillors covering two much larger wards isn't going to do much to help Caithness and when did anyone last see our MP (Monaghan)?
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.