Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eat eggs to live a long life

That'll make a lot of custard!

CUSTARD!! Think we better wait for 'the oracle' to tell us whether it's safe to eat or if we will all die a horrible death riddled with one cancer or another first. I could actually eat a big (not 53 gallon) bowl of custard with some jam roll right now.

Mmm, me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    And still has not provided the actual reference to the 'experts' as directly requested by Goodfellers but ducked it. I wonder why?
    I provided a link to the information from water management experts which quotes how much water is used to produce one egg per 53 gallons. I am not an expert on water management so I cannot breakdown the figures and I have no valid reason to doubt what is considered to be true.

Just because you feel it it is an unrealistic amount of of water is not a valid excuse to deny the figure of 53 gallons per egg.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

how many gallons of water to rape a coo Rheg?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Do you have a bath first?

Does she?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I provided a link to the information from water management experts which quotes how much water is used to produce one egg per 53 gallons. I am not an expert on water management so I cannot breakdown the figures and I have no valid reason to doubt what is considered to be true.

Just because you feel it it is an unrealistic amount of of water is not a valid excuse to deny the figure of 53 gallons per egg.

You should never blindly believe experts. ' Experts' once believed the Earth was flat.

Without some idea of how 'experts' calculated 53 gallons/egg, it's difficult to decide if that is a reasonable figure. Personally, I think it's quite high. What type of system (cage, barn or free range), which country are they talking about as sheds in hot countries use a water mist system to cool hens (which uses a huge amount of water every day). This is why more information is required to come to an informed conclusion. Never trust an expert without evidence. When you were at school, your maths teacher would not accept just the answer to a maths problem, you always had to show the working out. Same rule applies here.

The hen drinks about 7.5 fl oz, probably a similar amount contained within the feedstuff.
    Grain in this country is not irrigated, just natural rainfall, difficult to calculate that......as you said 'it doesn't rain everyday' and virtually all the rain goes to ground, not absorbed by the plant.
    Eggs are not washed.
    Hens are not washed.
    Buildings are washed at the end of flock only. (once a year) Using about 4000 gallons of a water/foaming disinfectant.
    Buildings are made of wood with steel profile sheeting roof. Buildings last 30+ years
    Building holds 16,000 birds.
    16,000 birds produce about 145 million eggs over 30 years (lifespan of building) using your figure 145M X 53gallons = 7,685,000,000

Using the above information, I am interested in Rhegheads informed opinion of how it takes 636 gallons of water to produce a dozen eggs (or nearly 13 oil drums filled with water).

As I have repeatedly said, no matter how much water is truly used, 53 gallons or 5300 gallons, it is irrelevant as all water is returned to the water cycle to be used again and again. IT IS NOT LOST.

Do you (Rheghead), accept that fact?

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Do you have a bath first?

Does she?
    coos are notoriously skittery right enough
    i suppose a shower would suffice if water conservation was a driver for you
    W.A.T.P.

Meantime, the hens at the croft had laid their usual good number of eggs this morning aided only by a single shallow bucket of water (not all of it consumed, by any means) and having eaten their usual food ration of feed manufactured for them out of ingredients grown in the UK (so no irrigation required).
    Where, I wonder, had they derived the 53 gallons of water from (times 26, for the number of eggs collected this morning)? I have looked high and low for the large storage container that the water must be stored in as I will obviously need to re-fill it ahead of the next round of laying. It's a mystery, right enough, but must be correct since Rheghead who is never (?!!) wrong has stated it on here.
    When I think of the number of crofts and farms in Caithness alone where this simple process is going on each day, well, the mind boggles really.

Default Rheghead, Rheghead, Rheghead.....when will you learn????

Rheghead. Your own link to your ‘expert’ page has the information I requested.

If you are going to post links PLEASE read them……don’t just post ‘Headlines’, they really do make you look unintelligent.

Water use is calculated using three categories green, blue and grey. If you want information on what each colour represents then read your own link.
    Country....... green........ blue. ....... grey
    USA............. 1740........... 183 ........ 331

China............ 3952.......... 375....... 1189

India........... 10,604........ 1360....... 1176

Netherlands..... 1695........... 76......... 161

Average............ 6781......... 418........ 446

Your headline figure is based on the average of undeveloped countries and only one European country. The closest country to the UK uses the least water. This is why you need to show your ‘working out’. Or perhaps you did, but, the fact that EU countries use way less doesn’t suit your warped agenda. Grey water is the most damaging figure.....and guess what the NL creates the least. The UK egg industry is far more regulated than NL so our figures are probably even better. Get your facts right before posting your anti-farming nonsense on here. You keep making a fool of yourself on here....Why do you do it??

Also if you look at the figures on the webpage, you might be interested to know the battery hens use far less water than free range...interesting.

Yet again you have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting.
    Last edited by Goodfellers; 28-Apr-17 at 08:56.

This much eggs are enough to give me allergies....

Fish eggs must take a lot of water to produce.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    The incentive is measured in £££s.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Rheghead. Your own link to your ‘expert’ page has the information I requested.

If you are going to post links PLEASE read them……don’t just post ‘Headlines’, they really do make you look unintelligent.

Water use is calculated using three categories green, blue and grey. If you want information on what each colour represents then read your own link.
    Country....... green........ blue. ....... grey
    USA............. 1740........... 183 ........ 331

China............ 3952.......... 375....... 1189

India........... 10,604........ 1360....... 1176

Netherlands..... 1695........... 76......... 161

Average............ 6781......... 418........ 446

Your headline figure is based on the average of undeveloped countries and only one European country. The closest country to the UK uses the least water. This is why you need to show your ‘working out’. Or perhaps you did, but, the fact that EU countries use way less doesn’t suit your warped agenda. Grey water is the most damaging figure.....and guess what the NL creates the least. The UK egg industry is far more regulated than NL so our figures are probably even better. Get your facts right before posting your anti-farming nonsense on here. You keep making a fool of yourself on here....Why do you do it??

Also if you look at the figures on the webpage, you might be interested to know the battery hens use far less water than free range...interesting.

Yet again you have been weighed, you have been measured and you have been found wanting.
    Do you think egg consumption and global environmental concerns is restricted to the UK? Your ignorance knows no limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    You should never blindly believe experts. ' Experts' once believed the Earth was flat.

Without some idea of how 'experts' calculated 53 gallons/egg, it's difficult to decide if that is a reasonable figure. Personally, I think it's quite high. What type of system (cage, barn or free range), which country are they talking about as sheds in hot countries use a water mist system to cool hens (which uses a huge amount of water every day). This is why more information is required to come to an informed conclusion. Never trust an expert without evidence. When you were at school, your maths teacher would not accept just the answer to a maths problem, you always had to show the working out. Same rule applies here.

The hen drinks about 7.5 fl oz, probably a similar amount contained within the feedstuff.
    Grain in this country is not irrigated, just natural rainfall, difficult to calculate that......as you said 'it doesn't rain everyday' and virtually all the rain goes to ground, not absorbed by the plant.
    Eggs are not washed.
    Hens are not washed.
    Buildings are washed at the end of flock only. (once a year) Using about 4000 gallons of a water/foaming disinfectant.
    Buildings are made of wood with steel profile sheeting roof. Buildings last 30+ years
    Building holds 16,000 birds.
    16,000 birds produce about 145 million eggs over 30 years (lifespan of building) using your figure 145M X 53gallons = 7,685,000,000

Using the above information, I am interested in Rhegheads informed opinion of how it takes 636 gallons of water to produce a dozen eggs (or nearly 13 oil drums filled with water).

As I have repeatedly said, no matter how much water is truly used, 53 gallons or 5300 gallons, it is irrelevant as all water is returned to the water cycle to be used again and again. IT IS NOT LOST.

Why are you right and the water experts wrong? Convince me.

Why are you right and the water experts wrong? Convince me.
    The 'water experts' are not wrong, you are. You are running down the UK farming industry. however, now that your argument does not hold true, you switch to 'global'.

How many eggs are imported into the UK from any of the countries that use huge amounts of water? Answer..None.

I will repeat the question you are constantly refusing to answer.

Another nice simple question for you..............Using your own link....do you accept that the UK egg industry uses far less than your headline figure of 53 gallons per egg?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5510.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	95.3 KB 
ID:	32050

Goodfellers, here's a brick wall for you to beat your head against. ��

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post

beat your head
    Is he an egg-head?

Rheghead

I now accept you are stubborn as a mule. Even when your own links don't back you up, you try to wriggle out of it.

When you post your propaganda links on here, try actually reading them first.

I think everyone who follows this forum has the measure of you so I will leave it there.

I look forward to picking gaping holes in your next anti something or other thread.

Final thought, why not change your quote at the bottom of your posts to 'Stubborn as a mule'? Or 'I'm not interested in facts'

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast