Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Highland Council Local Elections?

Default Highland Council Local Elections?

Which of the major issues should the candidates for this year's council election be focusing upon? Pot-holes? Dog Poo? or bin collections?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Which of the major issues should the candidates for this year's council election be focusing upon? Pot-holes? Dog Poo? or bin collections?
    TRUTH and HONESTY . Would be nice if someone could just tell us , what they can delivery . Plain and simple, no smoke or mirrors. Maybe that's asking far to much for them to do what's right for locals and not what Inverness thinks we should have .

more like dancing monkeys than organ grinder.
    Last edited by Recycle it; 14-Apr-17 at 22:42.

There appears to be a bit of a rammy on the Wick SNP Facebook page that everyone is talking about and the candidate for Wick (Raymond Bremner) is really not coming across very well at all.

It is the 2nd post down on "Gails Guide To Holyrood" that it is all kicking off in the comments.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/wicksnp/posts/

It's a lot worse in Thurso as Karl Rosie gets cosy with Raymond Taylor . Who's scratching what ?

Default fEAR,FEAR, FEAR,FEAR LIES , LIES, and more LIES

The massage of Politics . When are the Tories going to stop the same type of Propoganda as that German party from the 1936-45 . Come on, stop the rubbish and let's have some respect.

Please explain where this is happening in the Highland Local Council elections which is what this thread is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dennis View Post
    There appears to be a bit of a rammy on the Wick SNP Facebook page that everyone is talking about and the candidate for Wick (Raymond Bremner) is really not coming across very well at all.

It is the 2nd post down on "Gails Guide To Holyrood" that it is all kicking off in the comments.

Hey, you missed a few sections on the forum with this non story. What about the Crofting news and Pets Corner? Even better.....what about the Jokes section?

In my humble opinion, after serving on many Volunteer boards and watching/being peripherally involved in Politics, change is long overdue!
    People, representing the The People should not serve 'forever', as this stagnates the system. There should be a regular turnover with new young blood every term. Not all at once, but to keep up with the times. There should be a maximum number of terms a Councillor should serve.
    I point to the New Hotel and other issues I have read of on here and in the Groat. The 'status quo' is not the answer. Yes I do not live in Caithness, but return fairly regularly, likely in a few weeks. And conversely sometimes it is not 'what to do' it is 'what not to do'.

This is not a criticism of those who are holding the reins, but new ideas taken from other places which have shown to be successful would be instituted for the betterment of the North.

Just a thought!

Well, folk have to be willing to 'serve' and put themselves forward as councillors or members of committees or members of voluntary groups or whatever and therein lies the problem as most are not and would much rather moan and complain from the sidelines and blame others when things go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Well, folk have to be willing to 'serve' and put themselves forward as councillors or members of committees or members of voluntary groups or whatever and therein lies the problem as most are not and would much rather moan and complain from the sidelines and blame others when things go wrong.
    Your thoughts are those of many of us. Walk in a Councillor's shoes. I feel generally they do their very best with what they have to work with.......and Universally there is less money to go around....their function and directions are.....Do more with less!

The results are in: the biggest group is independent councillors as before, though Snoopy have a strong showing, and the Conservatives have drawn level with the Lib Dems, the two together almost equalling the Nats. The Greens have a councillor too - where did they come from - are there that many hand-knitted vegans hereabouts? No overall control, as before, but whether the dynamics are as before (if you could ever call the council dynamic) we will have to see.

And......... be careful of the accuracy of what you read. The Groat couldn't get a 'Letter to the Editor' correct. They brutalized it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Dennis View Post

With Raymond's success, will Gaelic rear its ugly head?