We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Shop Manager, salary commensurate with experience.
Based at our Retail Outlet in Thurso, The Sea Larder, 20 hours per week: Hours of business Tue – Fri 9 - 5, Sat 9 - 1.
You will need to be a team player, have excellent communication skills, as well as being able to use your own initiative.
Please apply by emailing your C.V. and a covering statement (see below) to Victoria@jplshellfish.com
Please structure your statement adopting the heading from the Job Description. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES. Showing your Relevant Skills, Knowledge and Experience.
Please use this opportunity to show how you meet each of the criteria.
Closing date: Monday 24th April 2017.
Interviews: Will be held on Friday 27th April 2017.
Job Description: Shop Manager.
- To sell fish to the general public from the company’s Shop in Thurso.
· Managing JPL Shellfish online social media (Facebook) – connecting to our shop customers.
- Reaching and exceeding sales targets and increasing profitability.
- To ensure the efficient implementation of stock management & hygiene standards are upheld and the shop is clean and presentable at all times.
- Communicate with a wide range of customers and have excellent customer service skills, confident about selling.
- Arranging product display and have or a desire to gain good product knowledge, cutting and preparation skills.
- A good team leader, calm under pressure and approachable.
- Have a good understanding of stock control process and procedure.
- Completing basic but essential paperwork on a daily/weekly basic.
- Administering essential paper work and competency in cash handling and card payments.
- Good communication with all, ensuring good practice in equality, diversity and fairness.
- Working with all other members of staff and the team to ensure good practice in all aspects of the business.
- Complying with JPL Shellfish policies and procedures.
- The post holder may be required to undertake any other duties that fall within the nature of the role and responsibilities as detailed above.