Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Westminster warmongering

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Westminster warmongering

The ink has barely had time to dry on the letter to Donald Tusk to trigger Article 50 and the tories have already claimed the Theresa May would use military force to defend Gibraltar. The EU is meant to stop wars from happening and now it seems we are on a war footing. The EU is right, an agreement with Spain has to be made before all other negotiations can happen. Nobody wants to go back to the days when the border could be closed and Gibraltar relies on airlifts like West Berlin.

I thought we had grown up from all this colonialist mindset?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...d=tmg_share_fb
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Ask any Gibraltarian if they don't want a few extra troops to be stationed there, I think you would find they would be all for it.
    As for Berlin type air lifts, don't be daft, Gibraltar has sea access, Berlin was land locked.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Ask any Gibraltarian if they don't want a few extra troops to be stationed there, I think you would find they would be all for it.
    As for Berlin type air lifts, don't be daft, Gibraltar has sea access, Berlin was land locked.
    We aren't dealing with communist states or fascist dictators here, I think you will find that Spain is a fully functional democracy and a fully signed up member on the latest suite of human rights.

Tell the Gibraltarians that signed up to the same suite of human rights as the Spanish, yet Spain still wants to annex them. I'm with the Gibratarians, we want to stay in the Uk .
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Tell the Gibraltarians that signed up to the same suite of human rights as the Spanish, yet Spain still wants to annex them. I'm with the Gibratarians, we want to stay in the Uk .
    Human rights has nothing to do with national territorial rights.

Spain and go and sit on it and spin