Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Reids Bakery/cafe Thurso

Default Reids Bakery/cafe Thurso

I went to Reids cafe yesterday for a cup of tea and a burger. There is a separate eating area for smoking but non of the smokers were going in it, the staff allowed them into the main area, hence the air was thick with smoke. When my burger came, it was just microwaved straight from the packet, no grilling or frying was done. The mug of tea was stewed so strong that I didn't know at first which to slice first, the burger or the tea!!

Reids has such great potential as a cafe, it is without wonder that the cafe/bakery over the other side was full.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Took them around 15 minutes to serve up a soup 'to go' for me during the week. Was almost late for an appointment 'cause I got hungry... coulda walked home and got a bite to eat just as quick. I thought the 'to go' implied quick service so you can be on your way... not in this town!
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

Small towns, guys: they can write their own rules, and go at their own place. Unfortunately.