Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Should Scotland Be An Independent Country?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I think the prime-minister should get on with the day job and the Brexit negotiations instead of obsessing about another Scottish independence referendum.
    Our prime minister wants to get on with the job. The Scots first minister has tried to chuck a spanner in the works - hopefully - without success.
    I am an Englishman (if you call Liverpool England) who has lived and served in Scotland. I will be happy for the Scots to have what they wish. But is independence a viable proposition for you? If it is then lets get on with it, get all Scottish MPs out of the English Parliament. All our bases out of Scotland and secure our borders. Let Scotland finance itself and get on with it's life and let England get on with it's life. WE wont have to listen to N S, and you wont have to listen to us. I can assure you that that is the opinion of the majority of English - WE are fed up hearing about it. IT IS IMPORTANT to Scotland. From the many friends I have in Scotland I believe the Majority of Scots feel the same way as I do. I may be wrong - but this is not an argument - Just me speaking from the heart for two countries I love.
    Last edited by JimH; 19-Mar-17 at 16:05.
    You can fool some of the people some of the time - but never all of the people all of the time!!