Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Internet providers

Default Internet providers

Very disappointed in the services offered by BT, that and the fact that every other month they are raising their prices, I am thinking of going over to Plusnet, and wondered is anyone up here using Plusnet and if you do what do you think of them, looking for some feedback before taking the plunge.. thanks in advance

I am with PlusNet and as far as I am concerned they are the very best ISP. They were so good that I also changed my Phone over to them. My internet speed is between 35 to 40MB and the connection has never faltered since I joined them in August 2015. With my Phone I get Free Calls 24/7 and the total package, Phone and Internet, costs me £35 a Month. They also do Mobile Phone and TV with YouView. I might be looking into this sometime soon as it looks good.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Used Plusnet for a few years down south but since they were bought out by BT a few years ago the customer service went down hill. They still run independently of BT and I don't feel the supplied service was bad at all it was just when a problem did occur they were not as good at sorting as their original service was.
    If you need sign writing or sign & print services then why not give me a call.
    Tel: 01593 721172
    www.kjsigns.uk

My BT contract has just expired, so I signed up with PlusNet. BT ran me a few days later and brought the price for next year down to match PlusNet. So stayed with BT as I couldn't be bothered switching all my email addresses. BT charge a fee to keep your BT email address.

John Lewis broadband uses PlusNet to provide internet services and are a lot cheaper than PlusNet and BT ... worth checking out.

I'm with SSE and I get free calls 24/7 and free fibre broadband all for the grand total of £24 per month.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

sky are doing fibre for £11PCM getting 40Mb unlimited
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Thanking everyone for their comments..checked out those recommended, Ie; John Lewis, etc but alas! to no avail
    Bt on the other hand have been most helpful even to the point of dropping my monthly charge of £52 to £42, so bottom line
    I am sticking with Bt until something better comes along,

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    My BT contract has just expired, so I signed up with PlusNet. BT ran me a few days later and brought the price for next year down to match PlusNet. So stayed with BT as I couldn't be bothered switching all my email addresses. BT charge a fee to keep your BT email address.
    I have been away from BT for more than 4 years but can still access my BT email address.

Plusnet, on the other hand, wanted me to pay an annual fee to keep using my Plusnet email address. I told them to shove it where the sun does not shine.

Plusnet were awful when I left them for Talk Talk. They charged me for another 2 months after I had left them and I had to fight to get my money back. Good honest Bull Plop from Yorkshire was what I called it on Trust Pilot and their half hearted apology that followed on that Website was too little too late.

I got fed up with Talk Talk and their woeful website. I also didn't think much of their customer care. They also lied to me about offering the same deals to existing customers as they do to new customers. I used the web chat on their site and was told I could not get a new contract at the lower prices because the offer was for new customers only. Not only that but the guy tried to shove services down my throat that I told him at the start I was not interested in.

Sky wouldn't give me their deal on Broadband and Phone because they said it was not available to people who subscribe to Sky TV. These people really get on my nerves. I decided to Cancel my Sky TV package but would you believe it, once I got through to cancellations I was offered the £60 odd quid a month package for £22 a month for the next 12 months, so it pays to rattle their cage. Once the 12 months is up, I will be on the phone again to cancellations to try to work the magic again. That's two years now I have been getting the package for nearly a third of the full price.

I went with the Post Office this time. I get unlimited Broadband and unlimited any time calls for £21 a month. If something better becomes available when renewal is due I will shift without hesitation.

BT really are ridiculously expensive now in my opinion and, again, they kept billing me and pestered me about cancelling my direct debit when I had already been away from them for months. I complained about that and they sent me a cheque for £30 for the hassle. So it does pay to complain.

Generally for me it's like pass the parcel ever year and I just negotiate the best deal. Loyalty seems non-existent with these firms and Talk Talk did not even bother trying to keep me as a customer when I moved on.

My internet connection stability and speed has never varied by even 1% irregardless of who my service provider has been over the years. I have been with Tiscali, BT, Plusnet, Talk Talk and The Post Office during that time.

donss Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    I'm with SSE and I get free calls 24/7 and free fibre broadband all for the grand total of £24 per month.
    Free? for £24 /month? That's a bargain, right? :-/