Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: In the ear digital hearing aids

Default In the ear digital hearing aids

Hello all I wondered if any of you have any experience of in the ear digital hearing aids and have any reccommendations as to the best (most reliable)
    suppliers in Inverness. Any information would be much appreciated.

Speak to the people at the Sensory Centre in Thurso or Wick
    Opening Times:
    Wick: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday from 10.00am - 2.00pm
    Thurso: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday from 10.00am - 2.00pm

hsc@sensorycentre.org.uk

Contact
    Wick Office
    The Sensory Centre
    23 Telford Street
    Wick
    KW1 5EQ
    Tel: 01955 606170

Contact
    Thurso Office
    The Sensory Centre
    9 Riverside Place
    Thurso
    KW14 8BZ
    Tel: 01847 895636

http://sensorycentre.org.uk/

There's a digital hearing aid place in Inverness. I wish I knew who it was I would advise you not to go there. He ripped my father off a right treat. Cost him about £3,000 and my dad had to pay every time to get them re calibrated when needed. Sorry I can't be of any more help.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Fernie View Post
    Speak to the people at the Sensory Centre in Thurso or Wick
    Opening Times:
    Wick: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday from 10.00am - 2.00pm
    Thurso: Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday from 10.00am - 2.00pm

hsc@sensorycentre.org.uk

Contact
    Wick Office
    The Sensory Centre
    23 Telford Street
    Wick
    KW1 5EQ
    Tel: 01955 606170

Contact
    Thurso Office
    The Sensory Centre
    9 Riverside Place
    Thurso
    KW14 8BZ
    Tel: 01847 895636

http://sensorycentre.org.uk/
    Couldn't agree more, great service and my NHS digital aid is first class,why go private or go to Inverness and pay a fortune?

Go to Hearing Advisory Centre or go to GP and request a referral to audio department - may take some time but at least you know what you are dealing with - they are not trying to sell y ou something at very inflated prices.

Thank you all for your responses I will pay a visit to one of the Hearing Advisory Centres.

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Go to Hearing Advisory Centre or go to GP and request a referral to audio department - may take some time but at least you know what you are dealing with - they are not trying to sell y ou something at very inflated prices.
    I have a pair of Digital Hearing Aids from NHS. I was referred to Audiology Department in Raigmore in October 2014 and I eventually got an Appointment in July 2015. I then received my Hearing Aids in February 2016. So all in all I had to wait 16 months for the Hearing Aids. Since then I have had to send them back several times and although they do repair them within 2 weeks it is annoying to be without them.

So if you do get referred to the Audiology Department in Raigmore, be prepare for a Long wait to get your Hearing Aid/s.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe