Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: What jobs can't you be sacked from

  1. #1

    Default What jobs can't you be sacked from

    Is there a group of jobs that you can't be sacked from . We knew that being an MP ( Orkney) even if you admit that you have lied you still keep the job, the money and pension. Council officials that waste huge amounts of TAXPAYERS money don't get sacked ,but promoted. Be that schools ,council offices or heating projects. How many others are they , let us know.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Thurso, Caithness
    Posts
    4,162

    Default

    The Queen and all her family,

    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

    Edgar Allen Poe

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Any self employed position
    W.A.T.P.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Sutherland
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Recycle it View Post
    Is there a group of jobs that you can't be sacked from . We knew that being an MP ( Orkney) even if you admit that you have lied you still keep the job, the money and pension. Council officials that waste huge amounts of TAXPAYERS money don't get sacked ,but promoted. Be that schools ,council offices or heating projects. How many others are they , let us know.
    Crofting Convener, ( Crofting Commission ) was asked to resign but refused to do so.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,011

    Default

    President of FIFA?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Thurso, Caithness
    Posts
    4,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    Any self employed position
    True but you can go Bankrupt.

    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

    Edgar Allen Poe

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    True but you can go Bankrupt.
    going bankrupt isn't being sacked thought, plenty folk have gone under self employed and stated up again
    W.A.T.P.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Voters can easily sack any MP, at the next election.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,011

    Default

    Farmers can't be sacked, they're getting plenty of subsidies which aren't based upon food production.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Land of pennies
    Posts
    1,880

    Default

    I seem to remember a heck of a lot of bother to get rid of a local Sherriff a few years ago.
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    8,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Farmers can't be sacked, they're getting plenty of subsidies which aren't based upon food production.
    the Scottish farmers subsidies are not being paid by the SNP government, they are holding them back.
    But I believe vegetarians need farmers to grow their food as well
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Caithness
    Posts
    13,011

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    the Scottish farmers subsidies are not being paid by the SNP government, they are holding them back.
    But I believe vegetarians need farmers to grow their food as well
    The SNP are not holding back the subsidies. And only about 10% of all subsidies go to food suitable for vegetarians.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 26-Feb-17 at 18:17.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scrabster
    Posts
    263

    Default

    A alcoholic ?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    going bankrupt isn't being sacked thought, plenty folk have gone under self employed and stated up again
    Plenty of sacked employees get new jobs too.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cullpacket View Post
    A alcoholic ?
    Turning up drunk is one of the few reliable ways to get sacked from certain well-known employers.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Turning up drunk is one of the few reliable ways to get sacked from certain well-known employers.
    What if you're a self employed George Best impersonator.

  17. #17

    Default

    It's a shame you cant be 'sacked' from here. Especially if you are a know-it-all....know better than everyone else, zealous, preaching, anti farming...and just about anti everything else numpty. All hail the oracle that is ............... (insert name here) Anyone fancy a lettuce sandwich? I expect it would just be lettuce as no doubt bread is carcinogenic now.

  18. #18

    Default

    Certain Presidential positions, Zimbabwe and North Korea, for example and no doubt others could be added to the list.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Highlands
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Farmers can't be sacked, they're getting plenty of subsidies which aren't based upon food production.
    why can't a farmer be sacked
    i know of a few farming folk that have been fired over the years
    W.A.T.P.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    why can't a farmer be sacked[?]
    Self-employed, I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •