Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Grass Seed advice for new lawn (inc. 'Canada Green' seed - anyone tried it???)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Grass Seed advice for new lawn (inc. 'Canada Green' seed - anyone tried it???)

Hi,

Come May time, i hope to seed and establish a new lawn to rear of my house at Gills (Approx 1000 m2 in size, exposed area)...this lawn will eventually be used for my young kids (when they come of age) so something hard-wearing will need to be used - just wanted to ask (i'm sure it has been asked many times before!) if anyone has experience in these regions of decent hard-wearing grass seed (Brand name and where to buy would help) which works particularly well and withstands the climate up here? A friend mentioned to me (he's not from here) that 'Canada Green' is supposedly excellent hard-wearing seed and also presentable but expensive - if anyone has tried it, would like to hear your opinions?

Thanks in advance

Interested in this also.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle