Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Wind Farms are causing cancer

Default Wind Farms are causing cancer

Wind farms are causing cancer. Its true ! I read it in an article somewhere.
    Green but not brainwashed

Using the sun to provide hot water.
    Driving a car that gets 73 miles per gallon.....

I have to tell you that a certain person will soon be along to tell you that your 'argument is deeply flawed'!
    Oh and apparently, he does not much care for God either. Seemingly, a mention of the Almighty, even in a common place, everyday phrase, is like a 'red rag to a bull'. Oh dear oh dear. The funny thing is, have you ever read his tag line? What irony and what a pity that he has never yet lived up to it!
    Last edited by Fulmar; 20-Feb-17 at 13:51.

That statement isn't entirely true is it?!!!!!!!!!!

Wind farms that were built by vegetarians using hollowed out carrots and tofu cannot possibly cause cancer....it's only the ones built by normal people....have you learnt nothing???

Well, your post actually makes things fall into place for me and I thank you for writing it. You see, there is a delicate subject which I have formally been far too polite to mention (though I guess it is ok on here as long as I whisper it behind my hand) and that is the matter of vegan flatulence. But thanks to this explanation regarding the carrots and the tofu, it now all makes perfect sense! A win win situation if ever I heard of one.

nice to have a laugh, I have followed the "other thread" nearly lost the will to live but couldn't stop myself reading the damn thing

I know what you mean but I'm determined not to!
    I like it best when a whole lot of other threads appear above 'that one' and drive it down the list. Nothing like being 'first past the post' in dealing with this, I think.
    Last edited by Fulmar; 21-Feb-17 at 09:17.

Vegetables cause cancer.

Anyone brave enough to post this link on Rhegheads thread as I refuse to read anymore of his drivel or respond to his jibes. He likes to post from the Guardian so he should like this. Most of his links to research contain the word 'may cause' but he ignores that, lets see if he picks up the word 'may' this time. (I know you will be reading this Rheg as you wont be able to help yourself)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/...ience.research

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Vegetables cause cancer.

Anyone brave enough to post this link on Rhegheads thread as I refuse to read anymore of his drivel or respond to his jibes. He likes to post from the Guardian so he should like this. Most of his links to research contain the word 'may cause' but he ignores that, lets see if he picks up the word 'may' this time. (I know you will be reading this Rheg as you wont be able to help yourself)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2002/...ience.research

Thats a bit off topic isn't it? Nothing to do with wind farms. This is more like the link needed here....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...ndfarm-4881760

Quote Originally Posted by Green_not_greed View Post
    Thats a bit off topic isn't it? Nothing to do with wind farms. This is more like the link needed here....

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/sc...ndfarm-4881760
    I apologise sin-celery for going off topic....I feel like a right plum. Lettuce get back to the correct subject. From your post, you sure know your onions, but Rheg is a s cool as a cucumber and he will beet all these posts with his science. ( I will stop now )

It turns out wind farms cause more than cancer.....(I'm sure Rheg has used this organisation for some of his research in the past.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3653647/

Wow - not good news is it ? Especially if you're a veggy lover close to wind turbines.....

I always thought veggys liked wind turbines 'cos they blow away the methane - and other hot air....

Serious incident at a vegetable windfarm.
    Well, who would have thought it when we have only just finished (??) discussing this on here. For those who have not yet heard the details, it seems that there was a disastrous collapse involving one of the afore-mentioned tofu and carrot windfarms, although the exact location of the construction site has not yet been disclosed due to fears that there might be widespread and uncontrolled looting and a consequent outbreak of carrot and coriander soup. In any event, police are still wading through and sifting all the evidence and a wide range of emergency services were involved, (as well as my great aunt Margaret) and representatives from some national vegetable associations and charities likewise had to be kept informed.
    As far as I can ascertain, the incident involved a complete structural collapse while vegans were actually on site but thankfully, no one was seriously hurt although one person was treated at the scene for cauliflower ear. A police spokesman said later that ‘naturally, there was a great deal of wind in the air that day and the carrots, in fact, took off and were blown overland for a distance of some 5 miles, ending up carpeting the fields of local crofter Mr Ivor Love –Lamb (double barrelled). A delighted Mr Lamb commented that it was literally a rare windfall for the expectant ewes who gobbled up the carrots in record time and that it has saved him a fortune in supplementary feeding. He further added that he thinks that the flock should now have such good night time vision that he fully expects that they will be better able to duck and weave to avoid the foxes come lambing time.
    My great aunt Margaret, whose cottage adjoins these fields was, however, outraged. ‘I’d just hung the washing out’ she complained, adding that ‘it’s all very well if you like orange ..........’.
    A spokesman for CAW (Carnivores Against Windfarms), Mr Robert Boneapart ( who prefers to be known as ‘Bob the Builder’ Boneapart and who wishes it to be placed on record that he is not descended from a certain well known, egotistical and self-styled emperor from history who always thought he was right (and we all know how that one ended) stated: ‘This is just what you can expect if you use vegetables and we have been warning about this for a long time. It is only by chance that it was not even more carrotastrophic. It is well established that the only reliable structural components for wind towers, if they have to be built at all, (which we in CAW of course dispute), are Wooly Mammoth bones extracted from the Siberian permafrost. Until such time as the moratorium on the export of these bones is lifted, all construction should be halted and you can expect many more of these incidents if the rampant use of vegetables continues as it is doing at the present time’.
    Coffee and carrot cake, anyone?

You would not believe how close to the truth this light hearted thread is.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2012...w-made-veggies

I promise not to turn into another Rheg!!!!!!!!!!

If I do I give you permission to commit Rhegicide........I learnt a new word yesterday...regicide...to kill ones king...rather apt

Who would've Adam and Eve'd it?! The Wooly Mammoth bones would at least be also organic although not renewable!
    Two news items (on Radio 4's Today programme) this morning.
    The first concerned what was classed as a 'crisis' in the failure rate of other researchers to be able to replicate pieces of published biomedical research and to obtain the same results. A piece of experimental research cannot be replicated to produce the same results in up to 85% of attempts, when exactly the same conditions and techniques are used. This was mentioned in the context of cancer research.The conclusion is that some scientists rush to publication, for a variety of reasons including headline grabbing and need to secure funding when what they should all be doing before publication is repeating their experiments several times. Hence most research should probably be 'may' and 'points to' or 'indicates' rather than 'is' and 'absolutes' and the conclusion is that it is the trend in the totality of many pieces of experimental research in any given area that should be taken into account
    Second, concerned horrendous famines in countries like South Sudan and Yemen that are utterly man made and due to on-going conflict and war. The conclusions of the UN and other aid agencies is that there is enough food to feed the current world population but humans being humans refuse to do it. So no need at all for world wide veganism which will not solve anything and would create far more problems (including deficiency disease and sub optimal nutrition). Just as well 'cos it ain't ever going to happen anyway. Oh, and also in the programme and equally relevant is that life expectancy throughout the world is projected to continue to rise and that, quite obviously, despite what people happen to eat.

Posted the bit about life expectancy on 'his' other thread. Lets see how he dismisses it. We will wear him down eventually....

I don't think that he will be worn down but I have looked at your posts and good on you for keeping going.
    I would have liked to keep on posting on it but feel it is pointless and so I must remain annoyed by it, especially the attitude on display and the denigration of both other individuals and Gold Standard organisations such as Cancer Research UK!
    If anyone wants any info at all or has any worries or concerns, please look to them for it as there is a lot of excellent material on their website and you can also call them direct. Who among us is not affected in some way or another by cancer so it is a serious topic and the last thing needed is to run down the organisation that actually knows about it. I would say, look at what CRUK say (entirely sensibly) about eating red meat and eating processed meat; it is worth reading.
    That is the sort of thing that has totally annoyed me. EXCLAMATION MARKS!