Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: cat repelant

Default cat repelant

Has anyone tried and tested and found a good way of keeping stray cats out of your garden

A dog.

QUOTE=sheilapl;1161648]Has anyone tried and tested and found a good way of keeping stray cats out of your garden[/QUOTE]
    Ramscraigs Boarding Kennels - Dunbeath 01593 731305. Quality care by Qualified staff in a Quality Kennel.

It's difficult and often the repellants don't work. What I tend to do is place twigs or clippings over a recently dug area to stop them from digging up the ground but other than that I'm getting a water pistol

I've got cats and am aware they wander into others gardens. Someone had mentioned something about plastic bottles with water. Also they don't like citrus smells

thanks everyone I don't care for dogs that much in the house so it would be fine if it would stay in the garden area, however I might give the plastic bottles with water a go, will let you know if it a success

Quote Originally Posted by sheilapl View Post
    thanks everyone I don't care for dogs that much in the house so it would be fine if it would stay in the garden area, however I might give the plastic bottles with water a go, will let you know if it a success

Was advised to cut holly branches and place them in the ground round plants - works a treat even when the leaves turn brown as they still stay spikey - just have to wear gloves all the time now when gardening to save fingers from being spiked by the leaves!! Cats hate trying to walk on prickly surfaces. Give it a try - the difficult bit is finding enough holly!!

I was going to suggest holly too, just be aware that it roots fairly easily !

i have heard that if you use the inside from your used tea bags and scatter them on the ground that keeps them away.because the cats do not like the tea leaves on their feet as it makes them dirty.